Get pitch of sound causes NullPointerException

leduyquang753

So I am working on my project NBS Recorder for 1.12 and I need to get the pitch of sounds in order to record them. However, when I try getting the pitch of a sound on PlaySoundEvent:

event.getSound().getPitch()

it fires NullPointerException:

[14:10:57] [main/ERROR] [FML]: Exception caught during firing event net.minecraftforge.client.event.sound.PlaySoundEvent@7e4594ac:
java.lang.NullPointerException: null
	at net.minecraft.client.audio.PositionedSound.getPitch(PositionedSound.java:90) ~[PositionedSound.class:?]
	at cf.leduyquang753.nbsrecorder.Events.onSound(Events.java:47) ~[Events.class:?]
	at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler_13_Events_onSound_PlaySoundEvent.invoke(.dynamic) ~[?:?]
	at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler.invoke(ASMEventHandler.java:90) ~[ASMEventHandler.class:?]
	at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.eventhandler.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:182) [EventBus.class:?]
	at net.minecraftforge.client.ForgeHooksClient.playSound(ForgeHooksClient.java:353) [ForgeHooksClient.class:?]
	at net.minecraft.client.audio.SoundManager.playSound(SoundManager.java:375) [SoundManager.class:?]
	at net.minecraft.client.audio.SoundHandler.playSound(SoundHandler.java:261) [SoundHandler.class:?]
	at net.minecraft.client.multiplayer.WorldClient.playSound(WorldClient.java:518) [WorldClient.class:?]
	at net.minecraft.client.multiplayer.WorldClient.playSound(WorldClient.java:497) [WorldClient.class:?]
	at net.minecraft.client.network.NetHandlerPlayClient.handleSoundEffect(NetHandlerPlayClient.java:1828) [NetHandlerPlayClient.class:?]
	at net.minecraft.network.play.server.SPacketSoundEffect.processPacket(SPacketSoundEffect.java:78) [SPacketSoundEffect.class:?]
	at net.minecraft.network.play.server.SPacketSoundEffect.processPacket(SPacketSoundEffect.java:13) [SPacketSoundEffect.class:?]
	at net.minecraft.network.PacketThreadUtil$1.run(PacketThreadUtil.java:21) [PacketThreadUtil$1.class:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511) [?:1.8.0_131]
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) [?:1.8.0_131]
	at net.minecraft.util.Util.runTask(Util.java:53) [Util.class:?]
	at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.runGameLoop(Minecraft.java:1176) [Minecraft.class:?]
	at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:441) [Minecraft.class:?]
	at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(Main.java:118) [Main.class:?]
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_131]
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) ~[?:1.8.0_131]
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:1.8.0_131]
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) ~[?:1.8.0_131]
	at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135) [launchwrapper-1.12.jar:?]
	at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28) [launchwrapper-1.12.jar:?]
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_131]
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) ~[?:1.8.0_131]
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:1.8.0_131]
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) ~[?:1.8.0_131]
	at net.minecraftforge.gradle.GradleStartCommon.launch(GradleStartCommon.java:97) [start/:?]
	at GradleStart.main(GradleStart.java:25) [start/:?]

I'm so confused now because this is the only way to record sounds for my mod (maybe not)...

Uhhh, I'm confused because the ISoundEventListener class seems to be having only one method which maybe used to trigger the event:

void soundPlay(ISound soundIn, SoundEventAccessor accessor);

Did you tell me to hook up to something related to this?

I need these things when a sound is played: The name and the pitch of the sound.

Edited by leduyquang753
More info.

7 minutes ago, diesieben07 said:

Those can be obtained from the ISound instance given to the method.

But, there aren't anything to retrieve from the ISoundEventListener class or soundPlay method? The whole class is just...

package net.minecraft.client.audio;

import net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.Side;
import net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.SideOnly;

@SideOnly(Side.CLIENT)
public interface ISoundEventListener
{
    void soundPlay(ISound soundIn, SoundEventAccessor accessor);
}

and nothing else?