Disappearing mobs behind my semi-transparent entity renderer

Plaigon

Hi guys, i'm encountering a problem concerning the renderer of my custom entity. It contains some glasses, which are perfectly rendered about tranparancy, but problem occurs when background entities are wandering behind it, they literally disappear, any ideas of fix ? My OpenGL attributes are GL_BLEND and (GL_SRC_ALPHA, GL_ONE_MINUS_SRC_ALPHA), do i need to enable/disable other ones ?

Thanks in advance!

It depends on exactly what you mean by disappears. Do you mean a portion disappears (i.e. a blending issue), or the whole thing doesn't get rendered (a culling issue)? in other words do you think the entity behind is still trying to render but just isn't visible, or is not rendering because it believes it is behind something and doesn't need to be rendered?

Check out my tutorials here: http://jabelarminecraft.blogspot.com/

It sounds like a culling issue, by the fact that all entities wandering behind mine literally disappear. I'm pretty sure that occurs since they believe it's behind something of not transparent, and doesn't need to be visible on the screen. Have you got a fix, or a link to help me =) ? Thanks for your quick answer as well!

EDIT: Here's the result:

1522012000-2018-03-25-23-06-07.png

When i'm using this attributes:

glEnable(GL_CULL_FACE);

glEnable(GL_DEPTH_TEST);
            glAlphaFunc(GL_GREATER, 0.1f);
            glDepthMask(true);

Edited by Plaigon

Describe the picture a bit more. So this is the inside of a train or bus? Is the windows part of an entity or a structure?

In your picture I can't tell if something is disappearing, but instead it looks like the opposite -- some of the animals should be hidden by the floor and the frame of the windows but are rendering on top of it. 

Check out my tutorials here: http://jabelarminecraft.blogspot.com/

• 2 weeks later...