{SOLVED} [1.12.2] Invisible Shield problem

IlTosaerba

Hi everybody

I have a mod which need a shield.

So I copy-paste the shield models from vanilla, create the textures and the class ToolShield.java that is simil copyed from ItemShield.java

The problem is that when I lunch the game and select the shield it is invisible.

Here my project:  https://github.com/IlTosaerba/Minecraft-1.12.2-WLLC-Mod

Edited by IlTosaerba

Your model extends from builtin/entity, which means Minecraft expects it to be rendered by a TileEntitySpecialRenderer. Since you don't have one, nothing renders.

Ideally you should use a regular baked model for the shield rather than a TESR.

• Like 1

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.

7 hours ago, Choonster said:

Your model extends from builtin/entity, which means Minecraft expects it to be rendered by a TileEntitySpecialRenderer. Since you don't have one, nothing renders.

Ideally you should use a regular baked model for the shield rather than a TESR.

So I need to create a costum model, right?

2 hours ago, IlTosaerba said:

So I need to create a costum model, right?

Yes, you need to create your own model or extend an existing one.

• Thanks 1

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.

11 minutes ago, IlTosaerba said:

Since I don't have one for the shield, I will create my own... so, Thankyou

How can I set this trhead as solved?

Edit the first post and add [Solved] to the thread title.

2 minutes ago, Choonster said:

Edit the first post and add [Solved] to the thread title.

Ok thanks, only the last thing.

Why if I remove the parent line from the json model it still doesen't work? Is it because the "parent" attribute is a sort of "@Override"?

2 hours ago, IlTosaerba said:

Why if I remove the parent line from the json model it still doesen't work? Is it because the "parent" attribute is a sort of "@Override"?

Because your model doesn't contain any elements and doesn't extend a model that contains any elements. There's nothing for Minecraft to render.

The "parent" attribute is more like the extends keyword, since it specifies the model that the current model should inherit its properties from.

Side note: In future, please leave your original question in tact after it's been answered so people with similar issues can see both the question and the answer. Appending the answer to the original post is fine.

3 minutes ago, IlTosaerba said:

I tryed to create my costum models (with Blockbench) but it still "extend" from  builtin/entity. 

So the problem remain. How can i solve it?

Here's my project

It's a plain text file, you can just remove the line with the "parent" property.

• Thanks 1