ModelRegistryEvent in a common class

Ugdhar

I posted this in general discussion, as I do not really need help, but I just noticed something interesting/strange and figured I'd bring it up for discussion :) .

I have seen it said many times to make sure your ModelRegistryEvent handler is in a client-only class, or it will crash a dedicated server as client classes do not exist there. I just noticed that a mod I was tinkering with has the ModelRegistryEvent handler in the same class (annotated as an EventBusSubscriber) as the item and block registration events.

I have run this myself on a server and client (separate machines), and had the block in hand without any crashes or anything.

Just figured I'd throw this out there for comment/informational purposes. Whether this is intended behavior, or a glitch that will eventually go away, I honestly have no idea.