[Solved][1.12]Register sounds with sounds.json not inside .jar

TheMCJavaFre4k

Hi There

I would like to be able to load sounds and the sounds.json from another folder within the .minecraft folder so they can be easily changed even when the mod has been bundled into a jar.

Is this something that is possible with Forge and if so where would be a good starting point?

Thanks

Edited by TheMCJavaFre4k
Solved

Ill add some context on what I'm trying to achieve.

Im hoping to be able to allow a user to dump mainly sounds but possibly images into a file in the .minecraft directory which the mod will be able to read. The files then have the corresponding .json file created, so for custom sounds the sounds.json would be written by the mod, and since it is obviously impossible if not very unadvisable to try editing files within a bundled jar file I'm looking for ways to get around this.

If there is a location i can create a resource pack based structure then have forge look in that domain instead of the jar resources or treat it as a resource pack and automatically load it that would be perfect.

Thanks