[1.12.2] Custom Chest implements?

American2050

On 2/21/2018 at 7:45 PM, diesieben07 said:

The basics of what a chest should have can be implemented by creating an ItemStackHandler instance and exposing it through getCapability.

Thanks, I think I get the idea.

Just one thing I'm not sure now. I still have to implement both IItemHandler and also ICapabilityProvider on my TileEntity right?

19 minutes ago, diesieben07 said:

No. TileEntity already implements ICapabilityProvider. IItemHandler will be implemented by ItemStackHandler (or you can make your own implementation) and then exposed through getCapability. You do not implement the inventory functionality on the TileEntity itself.

Ohh ok. Perfect.

Now one question. I had "Slots" on my Container for the TE and this container took IInventory in order to add the slots when using

public ContainerCardBox(InventoryPlayer invPlayer, IInventory inventory, EntityPlayer playerIn) {
this.addSlotToContainer(new SlotCardBoxCards(inventory, m, 8 + m * 36, 18));

Now I don't have IInventory anymore, as that was my TE implementing IInventory, thing that I'm not supposed to do anymore.

How do I go around this? Because Slot needs an IInventory.

Change Slot to SlotItemHandler.

• Like 1

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

2 hours ago, Draco18s said:

Change Slot to SlotItemHandler.

Thanks you so much. Yes doing some Google I found out that existed.

I'm heading in the right direction and I believe I have everything sorted out.

Just some minor problems here and there, like noticing that the method that handles inserting items into my TE doesn't care about checking on my Slot class if Item is Valid for Slot. I would think that's something they would do by default but apparently not, unless I'm missing something.

I also need to implement some stuff that I'm not 100% sure how yet, but I will let you guys know once I get there.

Thanks once again for the great help and patience always provided.

If you want your slots to be discriminatory, you need to write your own subclass.

eg:

https://github.com/Draco18s/ReasonableRealism/blob/master/src/main/java/com/draco18s/ores/inventory/SlotDust.java

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.