[1.12.2] Crafting Recipie Metadata Issues

boredherobrine13

Hello, I am getting used to the new metadata crafting recipe system, but I am running into huge issues. Some of my recipes work, other ones inexplicably require me to have a "data" value of 0 in order to work, IE using the item "minecraft:coal" in a crafting recipie also requires a "data": 0 after it to work. This is extremely annoying but it worked for a few recipes. However now I am running into issues. I have a crafting recipe that uses leaves blocks. However, It forces me to specify a "data" value or the crafting recipe simply doesn't workd. The problem with this is in the old recipe system if i used the item "leaves" in a crafting recipe all different types of leaves would work for the recipe, but with it forcing me to have a data tag now, I can only have the recipe work with all oak leaves, or all spruce leaves. I do not want to have to make a seperate recipe for every single type of leaves, and beds, etc (because I have alot of recipes like this that need to accept multiple types of vanilla blocks/items). Even if I made duplicate recipe, what if I want it so that you can use any combination of leaf types for the recipe? Then you could easily have hundreds of files for every possible combination. They all output the same items anyways, but I just need them to be able to be able to universally accept a "leaves" block, regardless of its data. Any ideas on how to do this? Here is my .json file:

Spoiler

{
	"type": "minecraft:crafting_shaped",
	"pattern": [
		"ABC",
		"DEF",
		"GHI"
	],
	"key": {
		"A": {
			"item": "minecraft:leaves",
			"data": 0
		},
		"B": {
		},
		"C": {
		},
		"D": {
		},
		"E": {
		},
		"F": {
		},
		"G": {
		},
		"H": {
		},
		"I": {
		}
	},
	"result": {
		"item": "morefuelsmod:pellet_fuel", "count":10
	}
}

1 hour ago, boredherobrine13 said:

Hello, I am getting used to the new metadata crafting recipe system, but I am running into huge issues. Some of my recipes work, other ones inexplicably require me to have a "data" value of 0 in order to work, IE using the item "minecraft:coal" in a crafting recipie also requires a "data": 0 after it to work.

This is because there are two coal items: coal (meta 0) and charcoal (meta 1).

These must always be specified.

If you use type forge:ore_shaped instead, you can use the ore dictionary.

e.g.:

https://github.com/Draco18s/ReasonableRealism/blob/1.12.1/src/main/resources/assets/expindustry/recipes/machine_wood_hopper.json

I don't think leaves have been ore-dict registered already (its tricky to check, but you can look for all references to the oredictionary.registerore function and find out what Forge registers) and if not, you can register it yourself.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

35 minutes ago, Draco18s said:

This is because there are two coal items: coal (meta 0) and charcoal (meta 1).

These must always be specified.

If you use type forge:ore_shaped instead, you can use the ore dictionary.

e.g.:

https://github.com/Draco18s/ReasonableRealism/blob/1.12.1/src/main/resources/assets/expindustry/recipes/machine_wood_hopper.json

I don't think leaves have been ore-dict registered already (its tricky to check, but you can look for all references to the oredictionary.registerore function and find out what Forge registers) and if not, you can register it yourself.

Thank you. As it turns out, tree leaves are indeed in the forge ore dictionary ("treeLeaves"). However, as you said earlier not everything is. How would I go about registering a new set of items in the forge ore dictionary (Ie, beds, now that they have color). I have 0 experience with the ore dictionary feature of forge at all because my mod doesn't really make anything that's "equivocal" to anything else. I did a quick google search and forum search but haven't been able to find anything too helpful on the subject. Seems like a niche thing as most people just want to register their mods copper ingot as an "ingotCopper" whereas I need to add a category.

Edited by boredherobrine13

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

22 minutes ago, Draco18s said:

Can you elaborate on what exactly the " EnumOreType.LIMONITE.meta " does in that? Using the metadata ID for the built in item there does not work

OreDictionary.registerOre("bedAny", new ItemStack(Blocks.BED, 1, 0));
		OreDictionary.registerOre("bedAny", new ItemStack(Blocks.BED, 1, 1));
		OreDictionary.registerOre("bedAny", new ItemStack(Blocks.BED, 1, 2));
		OreDictionary.registerOre("bedAny", new ItemStack(Blocks.BED, 1, 3));
		OreDictionary.registerOre("bedAny", new ItemStack(Blocks.BED, 1, 4));
		OreDictionary.registerOre("bedAny", new ItemStack(Blocks.BED, 1, 5));
		OreDictionary.registerOre("bedAny", new ItemStack(Blocks.BED, 1, 6));
		OreDictionary.registerOre("bedAny", new ItemStack(Blocks.BED, 1, 7));
		OreDictionary.registerOre("bedAny", new ItemStack(Blocks.BED, 1, 8));
		OreDictionary.registerOre("bedAny", new ItemStack(Blocks.BED, 1, 9));
		OreDictionary.registerOre("bedAny", new ItemStack(Blocks.BED, 1, 10));
		OreDictionary.registerOre("bedAny", new ItemStack(Blocks.BED, 1, 11));
		OreDictionary.registerOre("bedAny", new ItemStack(Blocks.BED, 1, 12));
		OreDictionary.registerOre("bedAny", new ItemStack(Blocks.BED, 1, 13));
		OreDictionary.registerOre("bedAny", new ItemStack(Blocks.BED, 1, 14));
		OreDictionary.registerOre("bedAny", new ItemStack(Blocks.BED, 1, 15));

and gives me this error:

[15:49:44] [main/WARN] [FML]: ****************************************
[15:49:44] [main/WARN] [FML]: * Invalid registration attempt for an Ore Dictionary item with name bedAny has occurred. The registration has been denied to prevent crashes. The mod responsible for the registration needs to correct this.
[15:49:44] [main/WARN] [FML]: *  at net.minecraftforge.oredict.OreDictionary.registerOreImpl(OreDictionary.java:642)
[15:49:44] [main/WARN] [FML]: *  at net.minecraftforge.oredict.OreDictionary.registerOre(OreDictionary.java:628)
[15:49:44] [main/WARN] [FML]: *  at com.bored.morefuelsmod.MoreFuelsMod.preInit(MoreFuelsMod.java:122)
[15:49:44] [main/WARN] [FML]: *  at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
[15:49:44] [main/WARN] [FML]: *  at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
[15:49:44] [main/WARN] [FML]: *  at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)...
[15:49:44] [main/WARN] [FML]: ****************************************

It's just a variant enum. The .metadata property just maps from that enum value to an integer.

https://github.com/Draco18s/ReasonableRealism/blob/master/src/main/java/com/draco18s/hardlib/api/blockproperties/ores/EnumOreType.java

20 minutes ago, Draco18s said:

It's just a variant enum. The .metadata property just maps from that enum value to an integer.

https://github.com/Draco18s/ReasonableRealism/blob/master/src/main/java/com/draco18s/hardlib/api/blockproperties/ores/EnumOreType.java

Okay. So I shouldn't need to use that then? The code looks specific to a lib you're using if I'm understanding this correctly. Is there any reason why putting the meta value in there throws an error?

2 hours ago, boredherobrine13 said:

Okay. So I shouldn't need to use that then? The code looks specific to a lib you're using

It's specific to my mod, yes. It's just a metadata value. But rather than using "1" in 14 different places, I use SomeEnum.VALUE.metadata

(The enum exists in the library, in case anyone ever wants to make something compatible with my mods, they only need the library's source, not the whole mod).

if I'm understanding this correctly. Is there any reason why putting the meta value in there throws an error?

Let me consume my mystical crystal ball which knows all about your error.

Ah, yes, you need to fiddle the widget and contortionize the jiggerwat. That'll make it go away.

ALWAYS POST YOUR FUCKING ERRORS

Edited by Draco18s

25 minutes ago, Draco18s said:

It's specific to my mod, yes. It's just a metadata value. But rather than using "1" in 14 different places, I use SomeEnum.VALUE.metadata

(The enum exists in the library, in case anyone ever wants to make something compatible with my mods, they only need the library's source, not the whole mod).

Let me consume my mystical crystal ball which knows all about your error.

Ah, yes, you need to fiddle the widget and contortionize the jiggerwat. That'll make it go away.

Reveal hidden contents

ALWAYS POST YOUR FUCKING ERRORS

My Code:

Spoiler

@Mod.EventHandler
	public void preInit(FMLPreInitializationEvent event) {
		System.out.println(name + " " + version + " is loading!");
		//Begin Experimental OreDict Registry
		OreDictionary.registerOre("bedAny", new ItemStack(Blocks.BED, 1, 0));
		OreDictionary.registerOre("bedAny", new ItemStack(Blocks.BED, 1, 1));
		OreDictionary.registerOre("bedAny", new ItemStack(Blocks.BED, 1, 2));
		OreDictionary.registerOre("bedAny", new ItemStack(Blocks.BED, 1, 3));
		OreDictionary.registerOre("bedAny", new ItemStack(Blocks.BED, 1, 4));
		OreDictionary.registerOre("bedAny", new ItemStack(Blocks.BED, 1, 5));
		OreDictionary.registerOre("bedAny", new ItemStack(Blocks.BED, 1, 6));
		OreDictionary.registerOre("bedAny", new ItemStack(Blocks.BED, 1, 7));
		OreDictionary.registerOre("bedAny", new ItemStack(Blocks.BED, 1, 8));
		OreDictionary.registerOre("bedAny", new ItemStack(Blocks.BED, 1, 9));
		OreDictionary.registerOre("bedAny", new ItemStack(Blocks.BED, 1, 10));
		OreDictionary.registerOre("bedAny", new ItemStack(Blocks.BED, 1, 11));
		OreDictionary.registerOre("bedAny", new ItemStack(Blocks.BED, 1, 12));
		OreDictionary.registerOre("bedAny", new ItemStack(Blocks.BED, 1, 13));
		OreDictionary.registerOre("bedAny", new ItemStack(Blocks.BED, 1, 14));
		OreDictionary.registerOre("bedAny", new ItemStack(Blocks.BED, 1, 15));
		//End Experimental OreDict Registry

Error:

Spoiler

[20:13:24] [main/WARN] [FML]: ****************************************
[20:13:24] [main/WARN] [FML]: * Invalid registration attempt for an Ore Dictionary item with name bedAny has occurred. The registration has been denied to prevent crashes. The mod responsible for the registration needs to correct this.
[20:13:24] [main/WARN] [FML]: *  at net.minecraftforge.oredict.OreDictionary.registerOreImpl(OreDictionary.java:642)
[20:13:24] [main/WARN] [FML]: *  at net.minecraftforge.oredict.OreDictionary.registerOre(OreDictionary.java:628)
[20:13:24] [main/WARN] [FML]: *  at com.bored.morefuelsmod.MoreFuelsMod.preInit(MoreFuelsMod.java:122)
[20:13:24] [main/WARN] [FML]: *  at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
[20:13:24] [main/WARN] [FML]: *  at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
[20:13:24] [main/WARN] [FML]: *  at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)...
[20:13:24] [main/WARN] [FML]: * Invalid registration attempt for an Ore Dictionary item with name bedAny has occurred. The registration has been denied to prevent crashes. The mod responsible for the registration needs to correct this.
[20:13:24] [main/WARN] [FML]: *  at net.minecraftforge.oredict.OreDictionary.registerOreImpl(OreDictionary.java:642)
[20:13:24] [main/WARN] [FML]: *  at net.minecraftforge.oredict.OreDictionary.registerOre(OreDictionary.java:628)
[20:13:24] [main/WARN] [FML]: *  at com.bored.morefuelsmod.MoreFuelsMod.preInit(MoreFuelsMod.java:123)
[20:13:24] [main/WARN] [FML]: *  at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
[20:13:24] [main/WARN] [FML]: *  at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
[20:13:24] [main/WARN] [FML]: *  at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)...
[20:13:24] [main/WARN] [FML]: *  at com.bored.morefuelsmod.MoreFuelsMod.preInit(MoreFuelsMod.java:124)
[20:13:24] [main/WARN] [FML]: *  at com.bored.morefuelsmod.MoreFuelsMod.preInit(MoreFuelsMod.java:125)
[20:13:24] [main/WARN] [FML]: *  at com.bored.morefuelsmod.MoreFuelsMod.preInit(MoreFuelsMod.java:126)
[20:13:24] [main/WARN] [FML]: *  at com.bored.morefuelsmod.MoreFuelsMod.preInit(MoreFuelsMod.java:127)
[20:13:24] [main/WARN] [FML]: *  at com.bored.morefuelsmod.MoreFuelsMod.preInit(MoreFuelsMod.java:128)
[20:13:24] [main/WARN] [FML]: *  at com.bored.morefuelsmod.MoreFuelsMod.preInit(MoreFuelsMod.java:129)
[20:13:24] [main/WARN] [FML]: *  at com.bored.morefuelsmod.MoreFuelsMod.preInit(MoreFuelsMod.java:130)
[20:13:24] [main/WARN] [FML]: *  at com.bored.morefuelsmod.MoreFuelsMod.preInit(MoreFuelsMod.java:131)
[20:13:24] [main/WARN] [FML]: *  at com.bored.morefuelsmod.MoreFuelsMod.preInit(MoreFuelsMod.java:132)
[20:13:24] [main/WARN] [FML]: *  at com.bored.morefuelsmod.MoreFuelsMod.preInit(MoreFuelsMod.java:133)
[20:13:24] [main/WARN] [FML]: *  at com.bored.morefuelsmod.MoreFuelsMod.preInit(MoreFuelsMod.java:134)
[20:13:24] [main/WARN] [FML]: *  at com.bored.morefuelsmod.MoreFuelsMod.preInit(MoreFuelsMod.java:135)
[20:13:24] [main/WARN] [FML]: *  at com.bored.morefuelsmod.MoreFuelsMod.preInit(MoreFuelsMod.java:136)
[20:13:24] [main/WARN] [FML]: *  at com.bored.morefuelsmod.MoreFuelsMod.preInit(MoreFuelsMod.java:137)

Error Referenced Forge Src Lines 624-644:

Spoiler

//Convenience functions that make for cleaner code mod side. They all drill down to registerOre(String, int, ItemStack)
    public static void registerOre(String name, Item      ore){ registerOre(name, new ItemStack(ore));  }
    public static void registerOre(String name, Block     ore){ registerOre(name, new ItemStack(ore));  }
    public static void registerOre(String name, @Nonnull ItemStack ore){ registerOreImpl(name, ore);             }

/**
     * Registers a ore item into the dictionary.
     * Raises the registerOre function in all registered handlers.
     * @param name The name of the ore
     * @param ore The ore's ItemStack
     */
    private static void registerOreImpl(String name, @Nonnull ItemStack ore)
    {
        if ("Unknown".equals(name)) return; //prevent bad IDs.
        if (ore.isEmpty())
        {
            FMLLog.bigWarning("Invalid registration attempt for an Ore Dictionary item with name {} has occurred. The registration has been denied to prevent crashes. The mod responsible for the registration needs to correct this.", name);
            return; //prevent bad ItemStacks.
        }

Blocks.BED does not have an item form.

Uh

Items.BED?