Block texture orientation changes on multiplayer server

Colored Sheep

Hi

I have a block with a facing property

public static IProperty<EnumFacing> FACING = PropertyDirection.create("facing", EnumFacing.Plane.HORIZONTAL);

When I place it, I use the following code because the texture has orientation

@Override
    public IBlockState getStateForPlacement(World world, BlockPos pos, EnumFacing facing, float hitX, float hitY, float hitZ, int meta, EntityLivingBase placer, EnumHand hand) {
        //Debugging line
        System.out.println("Player facing: " + placer.getHorizontalFacing());
        return this.getDefaultState().withProperty(BlockProperties.FACING, placer.getHorizontalFacing());
    }

And after it has been placed I tried to debug to try to understand why the texture is changing orientation in the server

@Override
    public void onBlockPlacedBy(World worldIn, BlockPos pos, IBlockState state, EntityLivingBase placer, ItemStack stack) {
        //Debugging line
        System.out.println("Block facing:" + state.getProperties().get(BlockProperties.FACING));
        super.onBlockPlacedBy(worldIn, pos, state, placer, stack);
    }

When playing single player, everything works fine and the block looks good. No texture gets changed. But when playing on a server, the texture of the block changes orientation. On multiplayer server and single player, the output is the same on both methods. But on the server, I can temporarily see for a fraction of a second that once the block is placed, it rotates my texture, even though the facing of the block stays the same.

The version is 1.12.2

Edited by Colored Sheep

public class BlockChiseledMarble extends Block {

public BlockChiseledMarble(Material materialIn) {
        super(materialIn);
        //Set the unlocalized and registry names
        this.setUnlocalizedName(References.ShinyModBlocks.BLOCKCHISELEDMARBLE.getUnlocalizedName());
        this.setRegistryName(References.ShinyModBlocks.BLOCKCHISELEDMARBLE.getRegistryName());
        //Set the hardness and harvest level
        this.setHardness(Blocks.STONE.getDefaultState().getBlockHardness(null, null));
        this.setHarvestLevel("pickaxe", 0);
      	//Set the sound for when breaking the block
        this.setSoundType(SoundType.STONE);

this.setDefaultState(this.getDefaultState().withProperty(BlockProperties.FACING, EnumFacing.NORTH));
    }

@Override
    public int getMetaFromState(IBlockState state) {
        EnumFacing facing = state.getValue(BlockProperties.FACING);
        int facingValue = facing.getHorizontalIndex();
        return facingValue;
    }

@Override
    protected BlockStateContainer createBlockState() {
        IProperty<EnumFacing> properties = BlockProperties.FACING;
        return new BlockStateContainer(this, properties);
    }

@Override
    public IBlockState getStateForPlacement(World world, BlockPos pos, EnumFacing facing, float hitX, float hitY, float hitZ, int meta, EntityLivingBase placer, EnumHand hand) {
        return this.getDefaultState().withProperty(BlockProperties.FACING, placer.getHorizontalFacing());
    }

}

BlockProperties is a class

public class BlockProperties {
    public static IProperty<EnumFacing> FACING = PropertyDirection.create("facing", EnumFacing.Plane.HORIZONTAL);
}

I see. I implemented it like so

@Override
    public IBlockState getStateFromMeta(int meta) {
        EnumFacing enumFacing = EnumFacing.getHorizontal(meta);
        return this.getDefaultState().withProperty(BlockProperties.FACING, enumFacing);
    }

But I can still see for a fraction of a second the texture getting rotated. On the server only. This doesn't happen in single player. Maybe I wrongly implemented it?

Edit: I can see no errors on the server log either. Nor there is printed text when placing the block, other than anything I write with System.out.println(...)

Edited by Colored Sheep

Show your entire, updated, block class.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.