Modded World Protection

AssassinSquid33

Earlier, I accidentally joined my modded world with a vanilla client. It completely removed everything I had, which gave me an idea that can save other people from this clumsy mistake. How about that when you save a world, it not only gets saved in the saves folder, but also in a new folder called "forgesaves". When you load up forge, in the single player menu there would be a button called "Forge Saves". When you click on it it will bring you to a list of all the worlds currently using forge. Then you could click on one to select it, and then click a restore button to replace the one in the saves folder. I hope you take the time to read and implenement this. It would really be great.

Edited by AssassinSquid33

• 2 months later...

Isn't there a notification when you try to enter a world with missing blocks?

On 2/4/2018 at 7:14 PM, diesieben07 said:

This is why you keep your worlds, mods, logs, etc. separate by using different game directories for every version.

This is done in the launcher.

For the exe Launcher: "Launch options", click profile to edit, toggle the "Game directory" so it's green, type the new directory.
For the jar Launcher: Select profile, "Edit Profile," "Game Directory" check box, type the new directory.

There is for when you load it in Forge.

Vanilla doesn't know nore care which is what hes complaining about.

That's on Mojang.

We've told him to use separate game directories. He thinks thats not good enough.

Anyways dont bump old threads.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon