Things that glow in the dark

enkryptor

Hello guys. I messed up a little. Can someone give me a hint, how to make a custom-textured block, like XyCraft or Thaumcraft blocks? Not necessarily animated one, but with custom lighting (like XyCraft ores), e.g. - a machine block with red light, glowing in the dark.

I don't know how to change the colored glow, although I do suggest doing something along the lines of using vanilla minecraft's code for crops, where it detects the sunlight level, and then saying if the light level is X, then use forge's .setLightValue .  Then, if the light level is greater than X, .setLightValue(0F)

if I were you I'd pay attention to the red stone ore (and its rendering, or enderman's eyes), it should have all features you want :).

EDIT: then probably implement your custom block renderer using ISimpleBlockRenderingHandler.

mnn.getNativeLang() != English

If I helped you please click on the "thank you" button.

oh, you're right about the redstone ore, sorry. looking at the enderman rendering, the glowing texture is rendered in a second pass (don't forget to use setRenderPassModel).

mnn.getNativeLang() != English

If I helped you please click on the "thank you" button.