Forge has a disable button that does nothing?

Felina-Lain

Asking because after looking around a while, i couldn't find anything

Forge seems to have a "disable" button, when you open the mod list in the game menu. But as far as I can see, clicking it does nothing?

Is there a way to make it work? I'd love to be able to enable/disable my mods as I please but so far I can't find anything to do it... (aside from renaming or moving the .jar of my mods which can get tedious)

(and yes, I know the common answer is profile, or multiMc or whatever, but I don't want to use those because using those means having duplicates of your saved worlds and resources packs everywhere and it's just crappy-designed. Forge way to handle mods is actually what everyone should do to handle profiles, but anyway...)

Mods needs to tell Forge they can be disabled, however, most of them can’t due to the way they work, anything that is just visual and client-sided should be able to be disabled (eg minimap mod, NEI-like menu) but anything that is required on server and client will not be able to be disabled 

• Like 2