(Fixed, Supports 1.8.9, will be upgraded) CharacterOverrideUtils

Xan the Dragon

Hey all!

I'd like to introduce to you my new project: CharacterOverrideUtils. This mod is actually the first formally-released mod I've ever created. All of my previous mods are super simple and add a block or item, just for messing around. Only for personal use, too. This is a bit of a change because it's got a lot more functionality, took a lot more work, and has been released here. Phew.

So - What is this? CharacterOverrideUtils is a mod that ties into Noppes's MorePlayerModels mod to append proportional collisions to your player model of choice. Writing this wasn't as easy as I had hoped, but I pushed through it and made sure I did it right. Came out rather well I think. Please note: This mod will not function unless you have MorePlayerModels active. Let me know what you think of it, as well as what you think should be added, changed, or removed.

Edit to mock how long it took me: After 10,000 years in development, hopefully it will have been worth the wait.

Functionality:

• Whenever you change a property of your model (scale, for instance) or change the entity you're disguised as, your collision box and other corresponding properties will update to reflect that of the model automatically. If you become something small enough, you can fit in 1x1 spaces!
    • Suffocation mechanics have been reworked. A side effect of Minecraft's default method for detecting suffocation causes it to think the player should suffocate, should they be placed in a 1x1 tunnel. I've reworked this value accordingly. Please message me if you find any areas where it hurts you and shouldn't.
    • Block push mechanics have also been changed. These were the mechanics responsible for pushing you away if sand or gravel fell on you, for instance. They have been removed due to lack of adequate compatibility.
  • Command: /eyepos  - This command is used to offset your eye position. This is good for when you have a model that has a scale of 0.5, where the eye is just high enough to clip the ceiling if you jump.
    • /eyepos with no args will print your eye height offset.
    • /eyepos <value> will set the offset
    • /eyepos <value> <player> will set the offset for someone else
  • Game rules:
    • eyeOffsetDistanceLimit - The maximum value (plus or minus) for an acceptable value from /eyepos <value>
    • allowPlayerChangeEyes - Takes in true or false, and if true players can use /eyepos <value>. If false, only ops and the server owner can use the command
    • canOpsIgnoreEyeLimit - Self explanatory. If true, the eye limit will not be applied to ops.
  • A CoreMod written to support multiple versions! Through a value store I have been able to store the obfuscated names for the methods I replace, as well as any opcode changes.

Known bugs:

• Rare inconsistencies with eye height offsets, though I think they've been patched. At times it may give you the wrong value. Just use /eyepos 0 if you really wanna make sure it's right.

Mod Jar file:

For Minecraft Forge 1.8.9 - Download via Google Drive

Media:

Spoiler

mDigypu.png

Air mechanics work too!

DwV8Mjz.png

Edited by Xan the Dragon
  • Like 1

Check out my website!

2 minutes ago, Differentiation said:

Cool stuff, however this Forum may soon abandon 1.8.9 so I suggest you update :o

Yeah. I had written for 1.8.9 because it was originally for a modpack my friends play on. If the obfuscated code inside of EntityPlayer hasn't changed (I can check on MCP pretty quick) then I can actually re-release the same code just with the transformer set to work for the latest version.

Edited by Xan the Dragon

Check out my website!