Entity Team Info [1.10.2]

vin0m

I'm using the code below to get the team info for an entity within the AABB. The issue I am having is that when playing on a server, the team info is only provided correctly when I use "if(world.isRemote)" and the potion effect only works when I use "if(!world.isRemote)".  Can someone help me figure out what I am doing wrong?

if(!world.isRemote){
		AxisAlignedBB bb = new AxisAlignedBB(x1, y1, z1, x2, y2, z2);
		entL = world.getEntitiesWithinAABB(EntityLiving.class, bb);
		listSize = entL.size();
		int i = 0;
		for(EntityLiving el : entL){
			elName = el.getName();
			elUUID = el.getUniqueID().toString();
			elTeam = el.getTeam();
			playerTeam = player.getTeam();
			player.addChatMessage(new TextComponentString("Name: "+elName));
			player.addChatMessage(new TextComponentString("elUUID: "+elUUID));
			player.addChatMessage(new TextComponentString("elTeam: "+elTeam));
			player.addChatMessage(new TextComponentString("playerTeam: "+playerTeam));

if(playerTeam != elTeam){
				el.addPotionEffect(new PotionEffect(Potion.getPotionById(2), 100, 127));
			}
			i++;
		}
		}

Edited by vin0m

Here is the whole method:

@Override
	public boolean onEntitySwing(EntityLivingBase entityIn, ItemStack stack) {
		EntityPlayer player = (EntityPlayer)entityIn;
		World world = player.getEntityWorld();
		Item item = stack.getItem();		
		float cooldown = player.getCooldownTracker().getCooldown(item, 1.0F);
		if(cooldown == 0){
		player.getCooldownTracker().setCooldown(this, 60);
		InventoryPlayer inv = player.inventory;
		int xpLevel = player.experienceLevel;
		radius = 5;

if(xpLevel < requiredLevel){
			inv.deleteStack(stack);
		}

double x1 = player.posX-radius;
		double y1 = player.posY-radius;
		double z1 = player.posZ-radius;
		double x2 = player.posX+radius;
		double y2 = player.posY+radius;
		double z2 = player.posZ+radius;

if(!world.isRemote){
		AxisAlignedBB bb = new AxisAlignedBB(x1, y1, z1, x2, y2, z2);
		entL = world.getEntitiesWithinAABB(EntityLiving.class, bb);
		listSize = entL.size();
		int i = 0;
		for(EntityLiving el : entL){
			elName = el.getName();
			elUUID = el.getUniqueID().toString();
			elTeam = el.getTeam();
			playerTeam = player.getTeam();
			player.addChatMessage(new TextComponentString("Name: "+elName));
			player.addChatMessage(new TextComponentString("elUUID: "+elUUID));
			player.addChatMessage(new TextComponentString("elTeam: "+elTeam));
			player.addChatMessage(new TextComponentString("playerTeam: "+playerTeam));

if(playerTeam != elTeam){
				el.addPotionEffect(new PotionEffect(Potion.getPotionById(2), 100, 127));
			}
			i++;
		}
		}

EntityAOE cloud = new EntityAOE(world);
		cloud.setLocationAndAngles(player.posX, Math.floor(player.posY), player.posZ, player.rotationYaw, player.rotationPitch);
		cloud.setParticle(EnumParticleTypes.END_ROD);
		cloud.setColor(0xFFFFFF);
		cloud.setDuration(20);
		cloud.setRadius(radius);
		cloud.setWaitTime(0);

world.spawnEntityInWorld(cloud);
		world.playSound(player, player.posX, player.posY, player.posZ, SoundHandler.wargroundshatter, SoundCategory.PLAYERS, 0.5F, world.rand.nextFloat() * 0.1F + 0.9F);
		}
		return true;
	}

Here it is running with "if(world.isRemote)":

YJ0fl2x.png

The elTeam information is correct but the potion effect does not work.

Here it is running with "if(!world.isRemote)":

ASwpJ1O.png

The elTeam information doesn't work at all but the potion effect is applied correctly.

Potion effects are handled server-side, your other lines in that method (such as things like AABB) are handled in the logical client-side.

Therefore, you must insert !World::isRemote when applying potion effects and World::isRemote with the AABB and setting team.

Edited by Differentiation

46 minutes ago, vin0m said:

function init(event){ var npcUUID = event.npc.getUUID(); event.npc.world.getScoreboard().getTeam("coalition").addPlayer(npcUUID); }

You are not calling this "function" or any method to set a team for the player in your onEntitySwing(...) method.

And we do Java here, I don't know where you call or apply this function so I can't really help...

Edited by Differentiation

5 minutes ago, Differentiation said:

You are not applying this "function" or any method to set a team for the player in your onEntitySwing(...) method.

You misunderstood. The npc I'm wanting to get the team from is from the custom npc mod. The above code is how you set it within the mod in game. Regardless, if I set the team manually in game I still get the same result as above. 

6 minutes ago, diesieben07 said:

The team should be available server-side. Don't try to muck around trying to get it client-side. Figure out why the server does not know about it. If the server does not know about the team assignment, that assignment is not real and will not persist or have any other effects.

Or just send a packet to the server if this assignment is real.

Just now, diesieben07 said:

What... no. This is not how any of this works.

I don't know what that UUID is. Is it that npc? Did you use the debugger?

Yes that is the NPC.  If you look at the images above you can see that matches what my mod sees for the UUID as well.