[1.12.2][SOLVED] Json recipe enchanted book ingredient

Ipsissimus418

I've had a bug report raised to me where my crafting recipes using enchanted books were not matching anymore.

The issue came down to me testing with cheated in or enchantment table books and the user creating them with the anvil.

The anvil added an extra nbt tag "RepairCost" that caused the book to no longer match in the recipe.

So I'm guessing that the ingredient type "minecraft:item_nbt" has to match exactly and have no other nbt tags present.

Does anyone have any pointers as to how to handle this situation of extra, unwanted nbt tags being present on the item that item_nbt matches against?

I've looked at IIngredientFactory but I'm not sure that is going to help me.

Thanks

Ipsis

This is what I'm using to match against.

{
      "type": "minecraft:item_nbt",
      "item": "minecraft:enchanted_book",
      "nbt": "{ StoredEnchantments: [ { id: 21s, lvl: 1s } ] }"
    }

The user showed a screenshot with the nbt as

{RepairCost:1,StoredEnchantments:[{lvl:2s,id:48s}]}

Edited by Ipsissimus418

I'm not entirely sure but you might be able to qualify the NBT by treating the ingredient at a conditional ingredient. If you want conditional ingredients, you'll need to create an IIngredientFactory and specify it in _factories.json. In the IIngredientFactory, you can use CraftingHelper.processConditions to check if the conditions are met. If they are, return an Ingredient instance for the specified item; if they aren't, return Ingredient.EMPTY (an Ingredient that never matches any ItemStack). You can see an example implementation by Choonster here.

Alternatively, maybe you need to make a custom IRecipe.

Edited by jabelar

Check out my tutorials here: http://jabelarminecraft.blogspot.com/

Please don't color your posts. I can't read that shit.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

21 minutes ago, jabelar said:

I didn't do that on purpose. I cut and pasted from a different forum. 

Then click the convenient "remove formatting" button that shows up when you paste stuff.

Or the one in the tool bar.

Cyan on white is impossible to read.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

1 minute ago, Draco18s said:

Then click the convenient "remove formatting" button that shows up when you paste stuff.

Or the one in the tool bar.

Cyan on white is impossible to read.

I didn't know it was cyan because I use black and white on my monitor for eye health reasons. But yeah, I can try to remember to remove formatting/color.

Edited by jabelar

Check out my tutorials here: http://jabelarminecraft.blogspot.com/

You'll need to create a copy of IngredientNBT and override Ingredient#apply to perform a partial NBT match instead of a full NBT match.

You'll then need to create an implementation of IIngredientFactory that creates an instance of the Ingredient class from the provided JSON object; you can use CraftingHelper.getItemStack to parse an ItemStack from JSON.

Register this factory by adding the fully-qualified name to your _factories.json file; you can see an example here.

The name you specify for the factory in _factories.json is the name you'll use in the type property of the ingredients in your recipe files.

Edit: You might want to use an NBTPredicate for the NBT matching rather than storing a full ItemStack.

2 hours ago, jabelar said:

I'm not entirely sure but you might be able to qualify the NBT by treating the ingredient at a conditional ingredient. If you want conditional ingredients, you'll need to create an IIngredientFactory and specify it in _factories.json. In the IIngredientFactory, you can use CraftingHelper.processConditions to check if the conditions are met. If they are, return an Ingredient instance for the specified item; if they aren't, return Ingredient.EMPTY (an Ingredient that never matches any ItemStack). You can see an example implementation by Choonster here.

Alternatively, maybe you need to make a custom IRecipe.

This isn't really what the OP is looking for, since the conditions are only evaluated once when the recipe is loaded.

Edited by Choonster
  • Like 1

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.

So I gave Choonster's pointers a go and I think I have something working.

I added a new factory with my new type that allowed me to specify an enchant id and enchant level.

The factory then parsed those json entries and applies them as the enchantment to the itemstack so it shows up in the recipe tooltips.

The factory then created a new IngredientEnchantedBook object with the itemstack, enchantment id and enchantment level.

The IngredientEnchantedBook apply method then uses EnchantmentHelper to pull the enchantments off the input stack and looks for the stored enchantment id and level in that map.

The recipes were then updated to do the following:

{
"type": "woot:enchanted_book",
"item": "minecraft:enchanted_book",
"enchant_id", 16,
"enchant_lvl": 1
}

This moves away from matching the NBT tags for now, but does mean that as long as a valid enchantment is present it will match.

I am a little concerned with this method processing all the enchantments on the itemstack to do this match, as it seems a lot of processing compared to a quicker(?) partial-nbt match.

Below is a link to the commit with the factory and EnchantmentHelper version for future reference.

Github commit

I'll investigate the NBTPredicate method next.

Edited by Ipsissimus418

Enchantments are managed by a Forge registry, so the numeric IDs are automatically assigned per-save and shouldn't be used. Use the registry name in the JSON instead and store the Enchantment instance in the Ingredient for matching.

• Like 1

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.

• 1 year later...
17 hours ago, Juice_lmao said:

So can I get a straight answer because I have no idea whts going on. Can someone maybe explain this a bit better or something?

Don't necro posts. Make your own.

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.

9 hours ago, Juice_lmao said:

Look Im new and i just want a straight forward answer.

Get it on your own post.

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.