Removing/ Editing Vanilla Advancemets

StrikerRocker

In Minecraft 1.12 achievements were replaced by advancement. After 1.12 every block had advancement bound to it for recipes . So when i remove recipes it causes a console spam which becomes really annoying when trying to solve issues. For removing recipes i use the following code:

Spoiler

@SubscribeEvent
public static void removeRecipes(RegistryEvent.Register<IRecipe> event) {
    IForgeRegistryModifiable modRegistry = (IForgeRegistryModifiable) event.getRegistry();
    ResourceLocation oak = new ResourceLocation("minecraft:oak_stairs");
        modRegistry.remove(oak);
}

The log spam caused by:

Spoiler

[13:47:23] [Server thread/ERROR]: Parsing error loading built-in advancement minecraft:recipes/building_blocks/oak_stairs
com.google.gson.JsonSyntaxException: Unknown recipe 'minecraft:oak_stairs'
   at net.minecraft.advancements.AdvancementRewards$Deserializer.deserialize(AdvancementRewards.java:204) ~[AdvancementRewards$Deserializer.class:?]
   at net.minecraft.advancements.AdvancementRewards$Deserializer.deserialize(AdvancementRewards.java:180) ~[AdvancementRewards$Deserializer.class:?]
   at com.google.gson.internal.bind.TreeTypeAdapter.read(TreeTypeAdapter.java:69) ~[TreeTypeAdapter.class:?]
   at com.google.gson.Gson.fromJson(Gson.java:887) ~[Gson.class:?]
   at com.google.gson.Gson.fromJson(Gson.java:952) ~[Gson.class:?]
   at com.google.gson.internal.bind.TreeTypeAdapter$GsonContextImpl.deserialize(TreeTypeAdapter.java:162) ~[TreeTypeAdapter$GsonContextImpl.class:?]
   at net.minecraft.util.JsonUtils.deserializeClass(JsonUtils.java:359) ~[JsonUtils.class:?]
   at net.minecraft.util.JsonUtils.deserializeClass(JsonUtils.java:381) ~[JsonUtils.class:?]
   at net.minecraft.advancements.Advancement$Builder.deserialize(Advancement.java:295) ~[Advancement$Builder.class:?]
   at net.minecraft.advancements.AdvancementManager$1.deserialize(AdvancementManager.java:50) ~[AdvancementManager$1.class:?]
   at net.minecraft.advancements.AdvancementManager$1.deserialize(AdvancementManager.java:46) ~[AdvancementManager$1.class:?]
   at com.google.gson.internal.bind.TreeTypeAdapter.read(TreeTypeAdapter.java:69) ~[TreeTypeAdapter.class:?]
   at net.minecraft.util.JsonUtils.gsonDeserialize(JsonUtils.java:435) ~[JsonUtils.class:?]
   at net.minecraft.util.JsonUtils.fromJson(JsonUtils.java:485) ~[JsonUtils.class:?]
   at net.minecraft.advancements.AdvancementManager.loadBuiltInAdvancements(AdvancementManager.java:185) [AdvancementManager.class:?]
   at net.minecraft.advancements.AdvancementManager.reload(AdvancementManager.java:69) [AdvancementManager.class:?]
   at net.minecraft.advancements.AdvancementManager.<init>(AdvancementManager.java:61) [AdvancementManager.class:?]
   at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.init(WorldServer.java:162) [WorldServer.class:?]
   at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.loadAllWorlds(IntegratedServer.java:123) [IntegratedServer.class:?]
   at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.init(IntegratedServer.java:160) [IntegratedServer.class:?]
   at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:550) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:1.8.0_151]

So how can i remove recipes without causing huge log spam like this

i think this is a known issue. While it is possible to remove advancements it takes a lot of work. If you remove the recipes you get the error. Instead of removing the recipe, many people replace it with a "dummy" recipe instead. That gets rid of the error, but brings up a different message (warning about "dangerous prefix"). If you're interested in trying this though I describe it my tips on recipes here: http://jabelarminecraft.blogspot.com/p/minecraft-modding-ore-dictionary.html

Check out my tutorials here: http://jabelarminecraft.blogspot.com/

• 4 weeks later...

I may have found a solution for this problem other than just replacing it with a dummy recipe. 

Make a minecraft resource pack with the advacnements tab on it' and then when you do the advancement you want to change, you change the trigger to "minecraft:impossible" with an hidden tag @jabelar

Edited by StrikerRocker

4 hours ago, StrikerRocker said:

I may have found a solution for this problem other than just replacing it with a dummy recipe. 

Make a minecraft resource pack with the advacnements tab on it' and then when you do the advancement you want to change, you change the trigger to "minecraft:impossible" with an hidden tag @jabelar

Advancements and other server-side files aren't loaded from resource packs, which are client-only. 1.13 will allow loading of advancements from data packs.

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.