Switch Dimensions onItemRightClick

creatorfromhell

Hello, I have created a new dimension and I want to use an item to go to it on right click. I have done some work on trying to accomplish this, but on right click it seems to go to the nether. Please help and thanks in advanced.

Here is my code so far:

@Override
public ItemStack onItemRightClick(ItemStack par1ItemStack, World par2World, EntityPlayer par3EntityPlayer) {
	if(par1ItemStack.getItemDamage() == 4) {
		if(par3EntityPlayer.dimension != MysticRealm.dimensionID) {
			par3EntityPlayer.travelToDimension(MysticRealm.dimensionID);
		} else {
			par3EntityPlayer.travelToDimension(0);
		}
	}
	return par1ItemStack;
}

you could try this for dimension change:

MinecraftServer.getServer().getConfigurationManager().transferPlayerToDimension(par3EntityPlayer, MysticRealm.dimensionID);

mnn.getNativeLang() != English

If I helped you please click on the "thank you" button.

you could try this for dimension change:

MinecraftServer.getServer().getConfigurationManager().transferPlayerToDimension(par3EntityPlayer, MysticRealm.dimensionID);

I don't think that would work since par3EntityPlayer is not EntityPlayerMP as in transferPlayerToDimension(EntityPlayerMP par1, int dimesnionid).

he did tell you to cast the variable to EntityPlayerMP...

do that -_- also be sure to check it before doing so to prevent crashes etc.

if you don't know what we are talking about I suggest you read up on type casting and java programming :)

If you guys dont get it.. then well ya.. try harder...

he did tell you to cast the variable to EntityPlayerMP...

do that -_- also be sure to check it before doing so to prevent crashes etc.

if you don't know what we are talking about I suggest you read up on type casting and java programming :)

I know what you're talking about and I'm going to try it then post my results.

Well, I updated the method to be server side and it still sends me to the nether instead of my dimension.

Here is my updated code:

public ItemStack onItemRightClick(ItemStack par1ItemStack, World par2World, EntityPlayer par3EntityPlayer) {
	if(par1ItemStack.getItemDamage() == 4) {
		if(par3EntityPlayer.ridingEntity == null && par3EntityPlayer.riddenByEntity == null && par3EntityPlayer instanceof EntityPlayerMP) {
			if(par3EntityPlayer.dimension != MysticRealm.dimensionID) {
				MinecraftServer.getServer().getConfigurationManager().transferPlayerToDimension((EntityPlayerMP)par3EntityPlayer, MysticRealm.dimensionID);
				--par1ItemStack.stackSize;
			} else {
				MinecraftServer.getServer().getConfigurationManager().transferPlayerToDimension((EntityPlayerMP)par3EntityPlayer, 0);
				--par1ItemStack.stackSize;
			}
		}
	}
	return par1ItemStack;
}

i do it differently then you maybe try this

EntityPlayerMP thePlayer = (EntityPlayerMP) par3EntityPlayer;
                                if (par3EntityPlayer.dimension != MysticRealms.dimensionID)
                                {
                                        thePlayer.mcServer.getConfigurationManager().transferPlayerToDimension(thePlayer, MysticRealms.dimensionID , new YourTeleporter(thePlayer.mcServer.worldServerForDimension(MysticRealms.dimensionID)));
                                }
                                else
                                {
                                        thePlayer.mcServer.getConfigurationManager().transferPlayerToDimension(thePlayer, 0, new YourTeleporter(thePlayer.mcServer.worldServerForDimension(0)));
                                }

i do it differently then you maybe try this

EntityPlayerMP thePlayer = (EntityPlayerMP) par3EntityPlayer;
                                if (par3EntityPlayer.dimension != MysticRealms.dimensionID)
                                {
                                        thePlayer.mcServer.getConfigurationManager().transferPlayerToDimension(thePlayer, MysticRealms.dimensionID , new YourTeleporter(thePlayer.mcServer.worldServerForDimension(MysticRealms.dimensionID)));
                                }
                                else
                                {
                                        thePlayer.mcServer.getConfigurationManager().transferPlayerToDimension(thePlayer, 0, new YourTeleporter(thePlayer.mcServer.worldServerForDimension(0)));
                                }

Thanks! It's not really the approach I wanted to take, but it works and I can handle not getting my way once :P