Low FPS please help

Ahrasol

You didn't really supply us with any information. What Forge version are you using? Are you using any mods? Which mods? What are your JVM arguments?

Your previous post got locked because you were using 1.7.10. You say it's also happening on 1.9 and 1.12, so post stuff related to those versions, and not 1.7.10.

Don't PM me with questions. They will be ignored! Make a thread on the appropriate board for support.

1.12 -> 1.13 primer by williewillus.

1.7.10 and older versions of Minecraft are no longer supported due to it's age! Update to the latest version for support.

http://www.howoldisminecraft1710.today/

2 hours ago, Ahrasol said:

Hello, for some reason whenever I run forge my fps drops to 20-30 - In normal MC I get 300-500 fps.  No, this doesn't occur just with 1.7.10 it was just an example, also occurs with 1.12 and 1.9 :P

What's your graphics card?

You have to supply us with more information to be able to help you.

Quick solution if you did not yet figure this out:

If you are using Forge, install the OptiFine HD mod.

I appreciate the quick response, sorry i couldn't do the same had to sleep :P

NVIDIA GTX 1060 Ti (Overclocked) 

Using Forge 1.12 

No Mods / Mods - Does not affect FPS

Default JVM arguements

Yes, I use optifine (As a mod), when I use it it displays 40-60 fps but if I lower maximum frame-rate to 30 I see no difference

Without it it displays around 20-30 fps but if I lower maximum frame-rate to 10 there literally is no difference

With normal mc I get around 350-700 fps depending on how graphically intensive the terrain is. 

Edited by Ahrasol
Too Little Info

8 minutes ago, Ahrasol said:

I appreciate the quick response, sorry i couldn't do the same had to sleep :P

NVIDIA GTX 1060 Ti (Overclocked) 

Using Forge 1.12 

No Mods / Mods - Does not affect FPS

Default JVM arguements

Yes, I use optifine (As a mod), when I use it it displays 40-60 fps but if I lower maximum frame-rate to 30 I see no difference

Without it it displays around 20-30 fps but if I lower maximum frame-rate to 10 there literally is no difference

With normal mc I get around 350-700 fps depending on how graphically intensive the terrain is. 

Do you have any mod installed (other than Optifine)?
Could you send an F3-screen screenshot in-game?

Do you experience something like this? 

Edited by Insane96MCP

As you can see on the right side of the F3 screen, with forge your minecraft runs with the sheetty integrated GPU, while the non-forge runs with the UberPowerful GPU. Just change that. YOu should be able to do this from desktop > rightclick > NVIDIA control panel and there you have to set the right GPU. It's not a forge problem. I assume that you run the non-forge version from the original launcher and the Forge version from a different launcher (Twitch App, MultiMC, etc.)

That gave me an headache for a month when I bought a new PC for "Why I have now a powerful computer and minecraft runs at 20 FPS??"

Edited by Insane96MCP

5 hours ago, Ahrasol said:

Actually Only changed for regular mc not for forge still uses shit proccessor .-. I changed javaw to High Performance NVIDIA Proccessor but it still says i have shit intel garbage xD

Help?

1 hour ago, diesieben07 said:

Check out which Java the forge profile runs with, it can be seen in the launcher.

Yeah you may have more java versions