[1.10.2] [SOLVED] Server side - execute method after server stop

oznecniV97

Hi guys,

I want to make a mod that do some actions (like do a post call to a WebServer or other things) after the stop command is launched on server console.

p.s.: I know that if I add a command in the ServerStart.cmd as last command I can run another java application that do this, but I don't want to change that file.

Thanks.

Edited by oznecniV97

There's the FMLServerStoppingEvent you could use, however, based on your idea there might be a better option. What exactly do you want to do?

Don't PM me with questions. They will be ignored! Make a thread on the appropriate board for support.

1.12 -> 1.13 primer by williewillus.

1.7.10 and older versions of Minecraft are no longer supported due to it's age! Update to the latest version for support.

http://www.howoldisminecraft1710.today/

36 minutes ago, larsgerrits said:

There's the FMLServerStoppingEvent you could use, however, based on your idea there might be a better option. What exactly do you want to do?

I want to zip my world and upload it on a cloud after server stop because I switch between 2 pc's and I do this manually everytime. (a real boring action ¬¬)

3 hours ago, diesieben07 said:

This sounds like something you might want to do in an external script, completely separate from the server.

Do you think that is better?

I thought about a server side mod just to do all inside the single command "java -jar mc_server.jar nogui" but if I can't do it I'll write an external bat to run this script after the previous command.

With the second method it will works, right?

Ok, I've found a solution.

boolean open = true;
	    Socket socket = SocketFactory.getDefault().createSocket();
	    try {
	        socket.setSoTimeout(5000);
	        socket.connect(new InetSocketAddress("127.0.0.1", 25565));
	        socket.close();
	    } catch (ConnectException e) {
	        open = false;
	        System.err.println(e);
	    }

Using this code, if the soker.connection method throw a ConnectException it means that my server is offline (or is starting), else the server is up and running.