How to create a new world?

Proxxo

Hi modders,

I want to be able to "clone" parts of the world the player currently stand in. The cloned world should be saved as a new map on the client.

First of, I just want to create a new single player map file. Is this possible with Forge?

I have looked into the article of WorldSavedData but as far as I can say its intention is not to be used to create new worlds.

Also, creating a new world generator does not seem to fit my scenario. I want the new map to be created while the player is in game.

Does anyone know how to start? Thanks.

Here's a hint.

You're working in a language that has access to the file system.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

Hi Draco,

thank you for taking the time to read and post to my question.

Of course I know that I could just copy and paste files with java - do you assume that devs posting questions here don't know that?

Perhaps my question was not clear enough.

I am looking for the Forge-way to copy the current and nearby chunks of a player into a new world file.

Is there something like chunk.saveToDisk() or an API to save into .dat or .mca files?

2 hours ago, Proxxo said:

Of course I know that I could just copy and paste files with java - do you assume that devs posting questions here don't know that?

Ahahahahahahahahaha.

Yes.

• Like 1

Follow these rules when talking to me, and we'll get along fine.

1).I know Java fairly well. I don't know as much about modding. They are not the same, don't compare them.

2). I consider myself to always be learning. I make mistakes, you make mistakes. Who doesn't?

3). Insult me, and I will leave the thread. I have a real life, I don't have time to throw petty insults in a Minecraft Modding forum.

ModMCdl - Co-Founder and Director of Design for Artemis Game Studios

11 hours ago, diesieben07 said:

Chunk saving happens via IChunkLoader::saveChunk, which is implemented in AnvilChunkLoader.

Thanks, that really looks like what I need. :)

11 hours ago, ModMCdl said:

Ahahahahahahahahaha.

Yeah, I am probably spoiled by stackoverflow.com.

9 minutes ago, Proxxo said:

Thanks, that really looks like what I need. :)

Yeah, I am probably spoiled by stackoverflow.com.

Some people dont seem to understand you need Java knowledge before being able to program Java, but we dont need to forget to respect everyone who tries to learn java at least, and i am helping people not only with things i know, but i use the things i know to solve others problems, they all seem to forget this is a helping For rhe Forgde sources and not for java, they can better go to codecademy, stackoverflow or sololearn, and also stackoverflow will help them. Creating errors helps you prograss further in programming, never be scared of some typ of code and be never scared of asking a question: No question ever was stupid.

why am i writing this? well, because i want to let evryone know that this forum needs java knowledge but you aint dumb if you ask questions about forge

• Like 2

• 4 years later...