Minecraft Black Screen on startup

MattyMcFlyy

Hello, I need some serious help. Yesterday, I downloaded 40+ mods and was able to run them all perfectly fine. Forge and everything else worked smoothly and I had very little problems. After waking up this morning and not changing a thing, whenever I click play then minecraft will come up, but with a completely black screen and be frozen, in which I have to end it with the task manager. I have tried everything, from updating Java to reinstalling forge but nothing seems to work. The Java in the task manager is "Not responding" whenever I run Minecraft so that could be the cause of it, but I have no idea how to fix it. I have also removed all mods from my folder and tried running forge that way instead. The forge loading screen appears instead of being completely black, but after about a second is frozen and also becomes not responsive. I also came upon something weird while trying to fix this. I clicked play, then in task manager I ended the minecraft launcher program. From there, all of my mods were actually being loaded as they should by forge. It gets about halfway through before shutting off Minecraft completely. Could just be a glitch, but maybe it has something to do with the minecraft launcher? If anyone can please help me then it would be greatly appreciated. I have been fiddling around with this for hours and I just can't find any solutions that have helped me. Thank you. - Matt

On 10/2/2017 at 3:03 AM, diesieben07 said:

Please clarify, if you kill the launcher process, it does actually work?

In either case, post the FML log.

I just confirmed that a mod was causing the game to crash AFTER I ended the launcher. I can load all of my mods and play as usual now so the problem isn't as significant now. Basically, the problem I am experiencing still is that every time I load up Minecraft with Forge, I am having to open up the Task Manager and end the Minecraft launcher program in order for it to load after I launch the game, else it stays completely frozen and unresponsive. Do you know what the problem is?