[1.10.2] Custom launcher crash

Tito Tigi

Hi all! I'm new in the forum, I hope I'm writing in the correct section. Anyway, I'm triying to start Minecraft forge by command line but I constantly get this error:

java.lang.RuntimeException: Patcher expecting non-empty class data file for net.minecraft.entity.projectile.EntityThrowable, but received empty, your vanilla jar may be corrupt.

I already tried changing the 1.10.2.jar file with another but the issue persist; I also tried using a clean installation of minecraft and forge to check that both libraries and assets weren't corrupt. Any suggestion? Here my entire command: https://pastebin.com/7ekFNffH 

Ps: the vanilla version start without any issue

Edited by Tito Tigi

1 hour ago, diesieben07 said:

What is this "custom launcher" you speak of?

It is a launcher developed by me to be used for my community.

Currently I have structured the launcher folder like this:

LauncherFolder/
         |- Libs/
         |    |- "All the jar files used as libraries"
         |
         |- Assets/
         |    |- "the copy of Minecraft assets folder"
         |
         |- 1.10.2.jar

I have no idea on how to resolve this problem...

1 minute ago, diesieben07 said:

Yes, you are dealing with very sensitive things here.

1. User's authentication data for their Mojang account.
  2. Mojang's verification that the game is not pirated.

For what benefit? Yet another launcher that does the same thing every other one does? No, please stop.

1. The authentication is done in full respect of the user privacy
  2. I already managed to get the access token to verify that the game is not pirated

So the only problem is that I get this error without knowing the reason. 

To answer your last question, I want to make a launcher ONLY for my community, easier than the others like twitch launcher (I'm excluding Technick Launcher and ATLauncher because they need a lot of authorization to upload a modpack).

This launcher will only show modpacks only for the community servers, nothing more.

Just now, diesieben07 said:

Yes, it already does much more.

Did you get someone to look at your code to verify that it's correct? Do you have systems in place to audit this code on a regular basis to make sure it does not contain security issues?

Moreover, a lawyer could probably sue you for violating Mojang's EULA regarding their website (you are not allowed to write software that imitates the website in any way). Note, I am not a lawyer, but regardless this is a terrible idea.

Don't ask for user credentials that are not for your service. Never ever.

Yes, I have other developer working with me and the code is actually correct. I have systems to prevent security systems, like md5 encryption and access token storage instead of the password (as suggested to do by mojang). Why are you talking about a website? I'm just developing a launcher and it is actually legal: I'm not modifying or redistributing Minecraft, I'm just starting it using another software and that is legal.

I think I have not insulted you, so I don't know why you are angry with me.

Note, I'm not an English native speaker and probably I have misunderstood your intention :) 

Do NOT make other launchers. Mojang has EXPLICITLY said they do not want people entering their login details into other services.

There is a reason why the Twitch app loads the vanilla launcher.

You will not get any help for this here.

• Like 1

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

This topic is now closed to further replies.

Announcements

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
    • They were already updated, and just to double check I even did a cleanup and fresh update from that same page. I'm quite sure drivers are not the problem here. 
    • i tried downloading the drivers but it says no AMD graphics hardware has been detected    
    • Update your AMD/ATI drivers - get the drivers from their website - do not update via system  
    • As the title says i keep on crashing on forge 1.20.1 even without any mods downloaded, i have the latest drivers (nvidia) and vanilla minecraft works perfectly fine for me logs: https://pastebin.com/5UR01yG9
    • Hello everyone, I'm making this post to seek help for my modded block, It's a special block called FrozenBlock supposed to take the place of an old block, then after a set amount of ticks, it's supposed to revert its Block State, Entity, data... to the old block like this :  The problem I have is that the system breaks when handling multi blocks (I tried some fix but none of them worked) :  The bug I have identified is that the function "setOldBlockFields" in the item's "setFrozenBlock" function gets called once for the 1st block of multiblock getting frozen (as it should), but gets called a second time BEFORE creating the first FrozenBlock with the data of the 1st block, hence giving the same data to the two FrozenBlock :   Old Block Fields set BlockState : Block{minecraft:black_bed}[facing=east,occupied=false,part=head] BlockEntity : net.minecraft.world.level.block.entity.BedBlockEntity@73681674 BlockEntityData : id:"minecraft:bed",x:3,y:-60,z:-6} Old Block Fields set BlockState : Block{minecraft:black_bed}[facing=east,occupied=false,part=foot] BlockEntity : net.minecraft.world.level.block.entity.BedBlockEntity@6d1aa3da BlockEntityData : {id:"minecraft:bed",x:2,y:-60,z:-6} Frozen Block Entity set BlockState : Block{minecraft:black_bed}[facing=east,occupied=false,part=foot] BlockPos{x=3, y=-60, z=-6} BlockEntity : net.minecraft.world.level.block.entity.BedBlockEntity@6d1aa3da BlockEntityData : {id:"minecraft:bed",x:2,y:-60,z:-6} Frozen Block Entity set BlockState : Block{minecraft:black_bed}[facing=east,occupied=false,part=foot] BlockPos{x=2, y=-60, z=-6} BlockEntity : net.minecraft.world.level.block.entity.BedBlockEntity@6d1aa3da BlockEntityData : {id:"minecraft:bed",x:2,y:-60,z:-6} here is the code inside my custom "freeze" item :    @Override     public @NotNull InteractionResult useOn(@NotNull UseOnContext pContext) {         if (!pContext.getLevel().isClientSide() && pContext.getHand() == InteractionHand.MAIN_HAND) {             BlockPos blockPos = pContext.getClickedPos();             BlockPos secondBlockPos = getMultiblockPos(blockPos, pContext.getLevel().getBlockState(blockPos));             if (secondBlockPos != null) {                 createFrozenBlock(pContext, secondBlockPos);             }             createFrozenBlock(pContext, blockPos);             return InteractionResult.SUCCESS;         }         return super.useOn(pContext);     }     public static void createFrozenBlock(UseOnContext pContext, BlockPos blockPos) {         BlockState oldState = pContext.getLevel().getBlockState(blockPos);         BlockEntity oldBlockEntity = oldState.hasBlockEntity() ? pContext.getLevel().getBlockEntity(blockPos) : null;         CompoundTag oldBlockEntityData = oldState.hasBlockEntity() ? oldBlockEntity.serializeNBT() : null;         if (oldBlockEntity != null) {             pContext.getLevel().removeBlockEntity(blockPos);         }         BlockState FrozenBlock = setFrozenBlock(oldState, oldBlockEntity, oldBlockEntityData);         pContext.getLevel().setBlockAndUpdate(blockPos, FrozenBlock);     }     public static BlockState setFrozenBlock(BlockState blockState, @Nullable BlockEntity blockEntity, @Nullable CompoundTag blockEntityData) {         BlockState FrozenBlock = BlockRegister.FROZEN_BLOCK.get().defaultBlockState();         ((FrozenBlock) FrozenBlock.getBlock()).setOldBlockFields(blockState, blockEntity, blockEntityData);         return FrozenBlock;     }  
  • Topics

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.