Item texture not Showing

XxPowerEyexX

so i made a new block and when i place it the texture works just fine but while its in my inventory i still get a broken texture, 

this is my main code here https://pastebin.com/uuG47FuN

this is my resources code https://pastebin.com/detWQqvD

and my log when i launch the game https://pastebin.com/r8ThiEL3

any and all help is greatly appreciated :)

ModelLoader is client side only and cannot be in common code.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

22 minutes ago, XxPowerEyexX said:

im sorry but where are you seeing this? i cant seem to find it

Seeing what? ModelLoader being client side only?

import net.minecraft.client.renderer.block.model.ModelResourceLocation;
import net.minecraftforge.client.model.ModelLoader;

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

46 minutes ago, BENM888GAMING said:

I recommend you to program with mrcrayfishes way:

this is the best way without problems

No. No it's not. MrCrayfish's tutorials are good, but OUTDATED. Now I see why so many people comes on this forum with the exact same problems and blindly ask for help not understanding a single thing about modding.

Edited by MrBendelScrolls

5 minutes ago, BENM888GAMING said:

the 1.9 video works aswell for the 1.10

just in the first video of 1.9 install the 1.10 mdk

Yeah, well, 1.12 changed a lot o' shit compared to 1.9. Like, everything.

1.9 and 1.10 were fairly close, but 1.11 changed how items and blocks are registered, and 1.12 changed recipes and achievements.

Edited by Draco18s

23 hours ago, diesieben07 said:

MrCrayfish's tutorials always receive oh so much praise, but the way he does things is mostly terrible, overly clunky ("oh look at me, I am writing such clean and elegant code!" - "No, your code is needlessly convoluted and you are abstracting things that don't need abstraction.") and, most importantly, wrong.

I am just going to pick out the item model registration here, since that's what this thread is about, but I am sure there is other stuff in his tutorials I could find, that are blatantly wrong.

• He is just stuffing references to client-only code into common classes. While this mostly works, it is bad practice and especially in a tutorial environment, where you are supposed to promote best practices and explain things, this is bad. He is missing the point entirely about explaining "hey guys, this is what the proxy classes we created earlier are for, because look, this class here has a @SideOnly annotation, so we can only ever interact with it from client-only code, so it must happen in our client proxy". No, he does none of that.
  • Even in his (apparently latest?) tutorial series for 1.9 he is still using the old and outdated ItemModelMesher to register the models. This has been outdated since February 2015, almost 1 1/2 years before that video was released.
  • Edit: Continued watching for a few more seconds, I hear "item.getUnlocalizedName().subst..." - You gotta be fu**ing kidding me. Seriously. Please stop watching this dude.

I could go on.

so what would you recommend? would you be able to point me in the right direction?

1 minute ago, BENM888GAMING said:
2 minutes ago, XxPowerEyexX said:
23 hours ago, diesieben07 said:

MrCrayfish's tutorials ... are blatantly wrong.

so what would you recommend? would you be able to point me in the right direction?

MrCrayfish.

Bravo.

I'm not up on the status of various tutorials. I generally do things on my own and ask for help here. Occasionally I hit up Choonster's github for things I know he's already done.

https://github.com/Choonster-Minecraft-Mods/TestMod3/