Can somone help me update a 1.7.10 mod to 1.12?

Myrosb

There is a brilliant mod created and only supported up too version 1.7.10 ( I think there are some 1.8.9 versions maybe but I cant see anything solid on the internet).

I have no practice in making mods or coding.

https://github.com/maxpowa/AdvancedHUD

If you can't do it or don't want too, can you at least tell me if it is possible and how much effort would go into getting this done?

3 minutes ago, Big_Bad_E said:

Since it is 1.12, I could probably try to update it, but in 1.12 you need to totally re render everything, and some methods have been removed, but I can try for you : )

If you could try I would deeply appreciate it! No one has updated this mod in years and there are no other mods out there that has these features. PLEASE!! <3 

15 minutes ago, Big_Bad_E said:

Yep, this is way too complicated, I have no idea what the original method is, more or less how to update it. I gotta abandon it. Sorry

No problem thank you for taking a look, is there anyway to achieve a similar function like freely moving the HUD elements? I'm assuming that what you are telling me is that it was designed in a method that isn't used anymore with 1.12, is it still possible to make a mod like that in current MC?

There probably is, I doubt that there is no way to do it, but there are 2 main problems.

1. You would need to have a lot of time and an advanced knowledge of Java and Forge. I am ok but not even close to that level.

2. Compatibility, most likely a mod like this would never work with any other mods, and in general this is a crazy mod .-.

• 2 years later...

Hokay. So, I couldn't help but not notice this conversation, and I'm having much the same problem. But there is a difference. I think that this mod is potentially easier. The mod I'm trying to get ported is Jimboom7's Super Mario Mod. Personally, I love this mod and I would love to see it ported to 1.12.2. So I'm requesting that you try and port this to 1.12.2. This is a request though, so you may decline. But I would appreciate it if you could assist me. This is only for personal use. link:  [diesieben07: removed link to reposting site]

Edited by diesieben07

11 hours ago, LONGCHU27 said:

Hokay. So, I couldn't help but not notice this conversation, and I'm having much the same problem. But there is a difference. I think that this mod is potentially easier. The mod I'm trying to get ported is Jimboom7's Super Mario Mod. Personally, I love this mod and I would love to see it ported to 1.12.2. So I'm requesting that you try and port this to 1.12.2. This is a request though, so you may decline. But I would appreciate it if you could assist me. This is only for personal use. link

Don't download mods from 9minecraft.net The only site you should use is curseforge.com and maybe planet minecraft Have a look at this: StopModReposts

My Projects:

Cruelars Triforcemod (1.12 release; 1.14 alpha soon coming)

Important:

As my mod is on at least 10 different third party sites without my permission, I want to warn you about that with a link to StopModReposts

• 1 year later...
  • Guest locked this topic