[1.12] Increasing minecraft main loop tick

kirinnee97

I am currently working on running fast simulations in minecraft, and I would need to run minecraft at a much faster rate than usual. How would I go about increasing the ticks per second ran from the main game loop? I'm not too fond of using reflection to modify the ticker within minecraft, but even then, the log still throws error, which eventually closes the server. 

Any help is appreciated

Keep in mind that part of the reason there is only 20 ticks per second is that on many computers, at least historically, the game code could barely execute fully in that time and in fact you can sometimes see lag where the game can't in fact complete all the code in time. Now perhaps 1.12 is getting more efficient, and everyone's computers are getting better, so perhaps it is not an issue. But I suspect that running "much" faster could still be an issue even if you could modify the code to try to run faster.

Check out my tutorials here: http://jabelarminecraft.blogspot.com/

@jabelar

Hi, thank you for your information. I do understand that limiting it to 20 ticks is to prevent lag from occuring if the game tick cannot be completed, however, I am intending to train minecraft mobs using a neural net, without speeding up the ticks, the training will take too long, do you have any suggestions on how I can simulate this "training"? 

• Like 1

You only need mobs to tick faster. The "everything else" in the game can be ignored.

You can just call a mob's EntityLivingUpdate method as much as you want.

• Like 1

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.