Looking for Tutorials

tyrian

Hi

I'm trying to do a couple things with my mod and I can't find tutorials for them anywhere.

I'm making my mod for 1.11.2 and I'm looking to:

*generate randomized structures - I want to make random sized and shaped islands appear in the sky. I know how to do stuff like generate ore veins if that's a similar process.

*check a block structure - there are lots of magic mods which require you to place blocks in certain patterns/structures to enhance or allow you to make magic. i want to do a similar thing

*create an in game guide book - again lots of mods do this already and I'm surprised I can't find a tutorial for it

Thanks to anyone who can point me in the right directions.

On 8/1/2017 at 1:59 PM, tyrian said:

*check a block structure - there are lots of magic mods which require you to place blocks in certain patterns/structures to enhance or allow you to make magic. i want to do a similar thing

For this I think that you can start from your "main" block and use it's position to check the other blocks beside.

E.g.:

Elven portal in Botania have a main block in the lowest part and this need to have 1 block in left part and one in righ part (and other blocks, but is an example).

You can get the BlockPos of this main block and check if on x+1 and x-1 or z+1 and z-1 if there's the right blocks.

I think that you can do this check on a TickHandler (I think that the best in this case can be the Server TickHandler).

I don't know if there's some other more simplest methods to do that...

UPDATE:

Here you can find the Botania source code:

https://github.com/Vazkii/Botania/tree/1.12

Edited by oznecniV97
Add botania SC link
  • Like 1