[1.12] Populate Chunk Event Not Being Called In The End

laton95

Hello, I am trying to run a method using the PopulateChunkEvent.populate event but the event does not seem to be firing in the End dimension. Here is a snippet of code I am using to show it is not working.

@SubscribeEvent
    public void populate(PopulateChunkEvent.Populate event){
        LogHelper.info("What is this? " + event.getWorld().provider.getDimensionType());
        switch (event.getWorld().provider.getDimensionType()) {
        case OVERWORLD:
            break;
        case NETHER:
            break;
        case THE_END:
            LogHelper.info("End populate");
            break;
        default:
            break;
        }
    }

The class has been annotated using @Mod.EventBusSubscriber and is also being registered to the event bus using both MinecraftForge.EVENT_BUS.register and MinecraftForge.TERRAIN_GEN_BUS.register. It works in the overworld and the nether just fine, but fails to occur in the end. As you can see in the log below, the event is called many times in the overworld but when I enter the end it ceases. Going out to the outer islands of the end does not fire the event either.

[22:19:23] [Server thread/INFO] [Mod]: What is this? OVERWORLD
[22:19:23] [Server thread/INFO] Mod]: What is this? OVERWORLD
[22:19:24] [Server thread/INFO]: Player274 has made the advancement [The End?]
[22:19:24] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] Player274 has made the advancement [The End?]
[22:19:24] [main/INFO]: Loaded 18 advancements
[22:19:26] [Server thread/INFO]: Scanning for legacy world dragon fight...
[22:19:26] [Server thread/INFO]: Found that the dragon has not yet been killed in this world.

I can't figure out what is going wrong, the event appears to be fired in both ChunkGeneratorOverworld and ChunkGeneratorEnd in amost exactly the same way. Chorus plants and end cities generate normally so it should be being called.

Edited by laton95
Added version to title

It looks like Forge only fires PopulateChunkEvent.Populate in ChunkGeneratorOverworld and ChunkGeneratorHell, but it fires PopulateChunkEvent.Pre/Post in these classes as well as in ChunkGeneratorEnd and ChunkGeneratorFlat.

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.

4 minutes ago, Choonster said:

It looks like Forge only fires PopulateChunkEvent.Populate in ChunkGeneratorOverworld and ChunkGeneratorHell, but it fires PopulateChunkEvent.Pre/Post in these classes as well as in ChunkGeneratorEnd and ChunkGeneratorFlat.

Oh, thats odd. I wonder what the reason for that is.

Thanks for pointing it out, I guess I'll have to try and work with either the pre and post events.

Just now, laton95 said:

Oh, thats odd. I wonder what the reason for that is.

Thanks for pointing it out, I guess I'll have to try and work with either the pre and post events.

PopulateChunkEvent.Populate is fired for specific features and I guess nobody ever requested the addition of The End's 1.9 features.

If you create an issue or PR on GitHub, the missing features may be added to the event.

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.