[1.12] Add crafting recipes

JimiIT92

2 minutes ago, IlTosaerba said:

Of curse! Is what I done, forget to write in the previous comment, updating it

Post your recipe file and the FML log (logs/fml-client-latest.log in the game directory) using Gist or Pastebin.

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.

[18:05:04] [main/ERROR] [FML/]: Parsing error loading recipe wllcsam:metalloalieno
com.google.gson.JsonSyntaxException: Unknown item 'wllcsam:genevirus'
    at net.minecraftforge.common.crafting.CraftingHelper.getItemStackBasic(CraftingHelper.java:259) ~[CraftingHelper.class:?]
    at net.minecraftforge.common.crafting.CraftingHelper.lambda$init$16(CraftingHelper.java:537) ~[CraftingHelper.class:?]
    at net.minecraftforge.common.crafting.CraftingHelper.getIngredient(CraftingHelper.java:201) ~[CraftingHelper.class:?]
    at net.minecraftforge.common.crafting.CraftingHelper.lambda$init$14(CraftingHelper.java:474) ~[CraftingHelper.class:?]
    at net.minecraftforge.common.crafting.CraftingHelper.getRecipe(CraftingHelper.java:408) ~[CraftingHelper.class:?]
    at net.minecraftforge.common.crafting.CraftingHelper.lambda$loadRecipes$22(CraftingHelper.java:711) ~[CraftingHelper.class:?]
    at net.minecraftforge.common.crafting.CraftingHelper.findFiles(CraftingHelper.java:806) ~[CraftingHelper.class:?]
    at net.minecraftforge.common.crafting.CraftingHelper.findFiles(CraftingHelper.java:736) ~[CraftingHelper.class:?]
    at net.minecraftforge.common.crafting.CraftingHelper.loadRecipes(CraftingHelper.java:668) ~[CraftingHelper.class:?]
    at java.util.ArrayList.forEach(Unknown Source) [?:1.8.0_141]
    at net.minecraftforge.common.crafting.CraftingHelper.loadRecipes(CraftingHelper.java:620) [CraftingHelper.class:?]

There is no registered Item with the name wllcsam:genevirus.

Have you spelled the name correctly? Do you register an Item with this name anywhere?

• Like 1

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.

I have an item call genevirus (without "wllcsam:") register in ModItem.java 
ModItem.java : https://pastebin.com/gYrSrtNp

Then i create the class ItemGenevirus of curse.

ItemGenevirus.java: https://pastebin.com/G0Y71Bsd

And also define it in Reference.java

Reference.java: https://pastebin.com/aMMgWda8

Then I have also an itemgenevirus.json in src/main/resources/assets/<modId>/mofels/item

itemgenevirus.json: https://pastebin.com/Hj9zNeRN

1 minute ago, IlTosaerba said:

And what about smelt recipes? How can I write a costum one?

FurnaceRecipes still uses a Map of input ItemStacks to output ItemStacks, you can't create your own smelting recipes with custom logic.

'cause I see a yt tutorial for the 1.11.2 version which create a new smelting recipes with  "GameRegistry". He was doing the same with recipes but in 1.12 it doesn't work, so my real question is: Can I create a costum smelting recipe? How (if there's just a post for this please give me the link)?.

And the most important for my mod... can I create a costum block with function like crafting table / fournace / anvill  with costums recipes which work only with that block?

(in poor word, create a costum version of crafting table / fopurnace/ anvill) 

31 minutes ago, IlTosaerba said:

'cause I see a yt tutorial for the 1.11.2 version which create a new smelting recipes with  "GameRegistry". He was doing the same with recipes but in 1.12 it doesn't work, so my real question is: Can I create a costum smelting recipe? How (if there's just a post for this please give me the link)?.

You can still add smelting recipes with GameRegistry#addSmelting, since smelting recipes weren't changed in 1.12. By "custom recipe", I thought you were talking about creating you own recipe class with custom logic, which isn't possible for smelting recipes.

33 minutes ago, IlTosaerba said:

And the most important for my mod... can I create a costum block with function like crafting table / fournace / anvill  with costums recipes which work only with that block?

(in poor word, create a costum version of crafting table / fopurnace/ anvill) 

Yes, you can create your own machines with their own set of recipes.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Choonster said:

You can still add smelting recipes with GameRegistry#addSmelting, since smelting recipes weren't changed in 1.12. By "custom recipe", I thought you were talking about creating you own recipe class with custom logic, which isn't possible for smelting recipes.

Good, very good

Yes, you can create your own machines with their own set of recipes.

AMAZING! Can u please tell me how or give me a link for a tutorial 'cause I didn't find anything on Internet

16 minutes ago, IlTosaerba said:

AMAZING! Can u please tell me how or give me a link for a tutorial 'cause I didn't find anything on Internet

I don't think there's many tutorials on this, since each machine is different.

All I can suggest is to look at the examples in Vanilla/Forge and in open source mods.

29 minutes ago, Choonster said:

I don't think there's many tutorials on this, since each machine is different.

All I can suggest is to look at the examples in Vanilla/Forge and in open source mods.

Where's exatly the files in Vanilla/Forge? 'cause I found only the Json in blockstates and models 

Just now, IlTosaerba said:

Where's exatly the files in Vanilla/Forge? 'cause I found only the Json in blockstates and models 

The Crafting Table is implemented in the BlockWorkbench,ContainerWorkbench and GuiCrafting classes. Recipes are managed by CraftingManager, mod recipes are loaded by CraftingHelper. Vanilla recipe files are located in the assets/minecraft/recipes directory.

The Furnace is implemented in the BlockFurnaceTileEntityFurnaceContainerFurnace and GuiFurnace classes. Recipes are managed by FurnaceRecipes.

The Anvil is implemented in the BlockAnvilContainerRepair and GuiRepair classes. There are no anvil recipes, the output is managed by ContainerRepair#updateRepairOutput (which fires AnvilUpdateEvent to allow mods to add custom item combinations).

To open a class by name, use Navigate > Class (Ctrl-N) in IDEA or Navigate > Go To > Type... in Eclipse.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Choonster said:

To open a class by name, use Navigate > Go To > Type... in Eclipse.

Ok, but where I found the classes?

I mean, normally u can't see them, I have to open it with eclipse, but for do it, I must import like project the package which contain them... how? Where i foud it?

10 hours ago, IlTosaerba said:

I mean, normally u can't see them, I have to open it with eclipse, but for do it, I must import like project the package which contain them... how? Where i foud it?

I mean... how to put the Vanilla's files in Eclipse?

11 hours ago, IlTosaerba said:

11 minutes ago, IlTosaerba said:

I mean... how to put the Vanilla's files in Eclipse?

Follow the instructions in the Getting Started guide to set up your IDE project correctly. If you follow these instructions, you'll have the forgeSrc-<version>.jar library referenced in your IDE project with the source code attached to it.

• Like 1

Oh, it is in Reference Libraries! Found it, thank u very much, now I will be crazy to study all this but finally I will have a good mod. 

Last question (I promise XD): If I want that when I put an Item in a Block, that Block open an Iron Door.... how can I do it? Have to set like a redstone impulse or some weird method?

4 minutes ago, IlTosaerba said:

Last question (I promise XD): If I want that when I put an Item in a Block, that Block open an Iron Door.... how can I do it? Have to set like a redstone impulse or some weird method?

If the block is adjacent to the door, make it emit a redstone signal. If it's not, you'll probably need to toggle the door periodically if it's not open.

If you want more help with this, create a new thread.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hello there, I wouldn't start a new thread since this one hits the topic I need help with :)

I have a weird behavior and I am not sure what I am doing wrong. so maybe one of you can help me.

I try to make a custom recipe in minecraft.

When I use only one Item like here;

{
    "type": "crafting_shaped",
    "pattern": [
        "###",
        "###",
        "###"
    ],
    "key": {
        "#": {
            "item": "minecraft:stone"
        }
    },

"result":
    {
        "item": "dstm:pot_block",
        "count": 1
    }
}

The recipe works just fine. But when I try to make a variation of it it doesn't work anymore. I checked in in a json validator the second code should be correct.

:( but it doesn't work anymore. Sooo it's not okay?

{
    "type": "crafting_shaped",
    "pattern": [
        "###",
        "/ /",
        "/C/"
    ],
    "key": {
        "#": {
            "item": "minecraft:stone"
        },
        "/": {
            "item": "minecraft:stick"
        },
        "C": {
            "item": "minecraft:coal_block"
        }
    },

"result":
    {
        "item": "dstm:pot_block",
        "count": 1
    }
}

So I am happy for any help :) thx you :D

8 minutes ago, RocaTeithmore said:

Hello there, I wouldn't start a new thread since this one hits the topic I need help with :)

Make a new thread instead of posting on one that is almost 4 months. Plus the topic of this thread changed from recipes to redstone a while ago.

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.