Forge 1.12 game crash

Brinkk

i have downloaded forge to use mods on survival and have downloaded the right version of forge, installed the client and then when i go to launch minecraft on the forge settings and it just crashes saying ' The game crashed whilst initializing game
Error: java.lang.AbstractMethodError '

Yes, but Optifine is not a Forge mod. It is a major closed source coremod that screws with a lot of Minecraft's internals. We can't support that. It's on him to specify what Forge versions he is compatible with. This is simply how it works.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

I understand that... but there is a post in here claiming that no mods are working... I understand that people are constantly working to improve forge... so if the latest won't work with any mods can we get some info about earlier versions... I also see that in the downloads there is not yet a recommended forge for 1.12... I know, 2353 was working with optifine... but I had other save game issues with that one... so if someone is running forge on 1.12 with no issues(and preferably optifine)can you please post what version you are using... also note that with 2353 you can use with optifine and avoid the save game issues I had by closing out to the launcher every time you play... don't leave the title screen up and load a game from it multiple times

There are tons of posts here claiming that 'no mods work' Which is undeniably false.

Its something users always do, "My one mod doesn't work so NO mods work!" And invariably when asked to post their new logs, it includes the mod we told them was the issue again.

What save issue are you referring to? I'll be releasing a RB for 1.12 today. As far as I know there are not any save corrupting issues caused by Forge.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.

1 hour ago, LexManos said:

There are tons of posts here claiming that 'no mods work' Which is undeniably false.

Its something users always do, "My one mod doesn't work so NO mods work!" And invariably when asked to post their new logs, it includes the mod we told them was the issue again.

What save issue are you referring to? I'll be releasing a RB for 1.12 today. As far as I know there are not any save corrupting issues caused by Forge.

I was using 2359(I double-checked I gave the wrong version earler)...  it saved fine... didn't have any issues with it at first... but at some point I exited a saved singleplayer and left the title screen up... when I tried to reload the game... it would hang with 0% on the screen, and wouldn't load until restarted from the launcher... however, it would start with no inventory from the original spawn point... I couldn't reproduce the same issue outside of loading from that forge version

Well, I hope this helps... I set it to the forge profile for the aforementioned version... start_testlog.log is the log for starting a singleplayer game named testlog... I started to the game punched out some grass and a tree, then hit ESC and quit out to the title screen.  Then hang_testlog.log is where I tried to load that singleplayer game without quitting from the title screen... it would splash the screen with the dirt tile and hung with a 0% frozen on the screen for a few minutes... finally I hit ESC returned to the title screen quit the game... and did a relaunch from the launcher... the final_testlog.log is where I went into singleplayer and loaded the game... I confirmed that my inventory of a few seeds and birchwood logs were gone... I was a no longer on the stump where I quit earlier, but rather at the original spawn point... I couldn't see anything out of the ordinary in these logs, but hopefully they will be more valuable to you.

I also want to note, I made sure the mods folder was empty

Thank You for your help

final_testlog.log

hang_testlog.log

start_testlog.log

Edited by Mysterious_Loner

None of those logs help, we need fml-client-latest.log that should be significantly larger then the logs you posted and has all the actual issues.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----

WARNING: coremods are present:
Contact their authors BEFORE contacting forge

// Oops.

Time: 6/29/17 4:21 PM
Description: Initializing game

java.lang.AbstractMethodError
    at net.minecraftforge.client.model.MultiModelState.apply(MultiModelState.java:67)
    at net.minecraftforge.client.model.MultiModelState.getPartState(MultiModelState.java:50)
    at net.minecraftforge.client.model.ModelLoader$WeightedRandomModel.bake(ModelLoader.java:779)
    at net.minecraftforge.client.model.ModelLoader.func_177570_a(ModelLoader.java:186)
    at net.minecraft.client.renderer.block.model.ModelManager.func_110549_a(ModelManager.java:28)
    at net.minecraft.client.resources.SimpleReloadableResourceManager.func_110542_a(SimpleReloadableResourceManager.java:121)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71384_a(Minecraft.java:512)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:377)
    at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:123)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
    at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135)
    at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Head --
Thread: Client thread
Stacktrace:
    at net.minecraftforge.client.model.MultiModelState.apply(MultiModelState.java:67)
    at net.minecraftforge.client.model.MultiModelState.getPartState(MultiModelState.java:50)
    at net.minecraftforge.client.model.ModelLoader$WeightedRandomModel.bake(ModelLoader.java:779)
    at net.minecraftforge.client.model.ModelLoader.func_177570_a(ModelLoader.java:186)
    at net.minecraft.client.renderer.block.model.ModelManager.func_110549_a(ModelManager.java:28)
    at net.minecraft.client.resources.SimpleReloadableResourceManager.func_110542_a(SimpleReloadableResourceManager.java:121)

-- Initialization --
Details:
Stacktrace:
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

-- System Details --
Details:
    Minecraft Version: 1.12
    Operating System: Mac OS X (x86_64) version 10.11.6
    Java Version: 1.8.0_74, Oracle Corporation
    Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
    Memory: 176178160 bytes (168 MB) / 362934272 bytes (346 MB) up to 2134114304 bytes (2035 MB)
    JVM Flags: 5 total; -Xmx2G -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalMode -XX:-UseAdaptiveSizePolicy -Xmn128M
    IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 0
    FML: MCP 9.40 Powered by Forge 14.21.1.2387 Optifine OptiFine_1.12_HD_U_C3 4 mods loaded, 4 mods active
    States: 'U' = Unloaded 'L' = Loaded 'C' = Constructed 'H' = Pre-initialized 'I' = Initialized 'J' = Post-initialized 'A' = Available 'D' = Disabled 'E' = Errored
    UCH    minecraft{1.12} [Minecraft] (minecraft.jar)
    UCH    mcp{9.19} [Minecraft Coder Pack] (minecraft.jar)
    UCH    FML{8.0.99.99} [Forge Mod Loader] (forge-1.12-14.21.1.2387.jar)
    UCH    forge{14.21.1.2387} [Minecraft Forge] (forge-1.12-14.21.1.2387.jar)
    Loaded coremods (and transformers):
    Launched Version: 1.12-forge1.12-14.21.1.2387
    LWJGL: 2.9.2
    OpenGL: Intel HD Graphics 3000 OpenGL Engine GL version 2.1 INTEL-10.0.52, Intel Inc.
    GL Caps: Using GL 1.3 multitexturing.
Using GL 1.3 texture combiners.
Using framebuffer objects because ARB_framebuffer_object is supported and separate blending is supported.
Shaders are available because OpenGL 2.1 is supported.
VBOs are available because OpenGL 1.5 is supported.

Using VBOs: Yes
    Is Modded: Definitely; Client brand changed to 'fml,forge'
    Type: Client (map_client.txt)
    Resource Packs: PureBDcraft  32x MC112.zip
    Current Language: English (US)
    Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)
    CPU: 4x Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2435M CPU @ 2.40GHz
    OptiFine Version: OptiFine_1.12_HD_U_C3
    Render Distance Chunks: 12
    Mipmaps: 2
    Anisotropic Filtering: 1
    Antialiasing: 0
    Multitexture: false
    Shaders: null
    OpenGlVersion: 2.1 INTEL-10.0.52
    OpenGlRenderer: Intel HD Graphics 3000 OpenGL Engine
    OpenGlVendor: Intel Inc.
    CpuCount: 4

Edited by Heycate
fail

3 minutes ago, Heycate said:
Spoiler

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----

WARNING: coremods are present:
Contact their authors BEFORE contacting forge

// Oops.

Time: 6/29/17 4:21 PM
Description: Initializing game

java.lang.AbstractMethodError

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Head --
Thread: Client thread
Stacktrace:

-- Initialization --
Details:
Stacktrace:

-- System Details --
Details:
    Minecraft Version: 1.12
    Operating System: Mac OS X (x86_64) version 10.11.6
    Java Version: 1.8.0_74, Oracle Corporation
    Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
    Memory: 176178160 bytes (168 MB) / 362934272 bytes (346 MB) up to 2134114304 bytes (2035 MB)
    JVM Flags: 5 total; -Xmx2G -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalMode -XX:-UseAdaptiveSizePolicy -Xmn128M
    IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 0
    FML: MCP 9.40 Powered by Forge 14.21.1.2387 Optifine OptiFine_1.12_HD_U_C3 4 mods loaded, 4 mods active
    States: 'U' = Unloaded 'L' = Loaded 'C' = Constructed 'H' = Pre-initialized 'I' = Initialized 'J' = Post-initialized 'A' = Available 'D' = Disabled 'E' = Errored
    UCH    minecraft{1.12} [Minecraft] (minecraft.jar)
    UCH    mcp{9.19} [Minecraft Coder Pack] (minecraft.jar)
    UCH    FML{8.0.99.99} [Forge Mod Loader] (forge-1.12-14.21.1.2387.jar)
    UCH    forge{14.21.1.2387} [Minecraft Forge] (forge-1.12-14.21.1.2387.jar)
    Loaded coremods (and transformers):
    Launched Version: 1.12-forge1.12-14.21.1.2387
    LWJGL: 2.9.2
    OpenGL: Intel HD Graphics 3000 OpenGL Engine GL version 2.1 INTEL-10.0.52, Intel Inc.
    GL Caps: Using GL 1.3 multitexturing.
Using GL 1.3 texture combiners.
Using framebuffer objects because ARB_framebuffer_object is supported and separate blending is supported.
Shaders are available because OpenGL 2.1 is supported.
VBOs are available because OpenGL 1.5 is supported.

Using VBOs: Yes
    Is Modded: Definitely; Client brand changed to 'fml,forge'
    Type: Client (map_client.txt)
    Resource Packs: PureBDcraft  32x MC112.zip
    Current Language: English (US)
    Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)
    CPU: 4x Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2435M CPU @ 2.40GHz
    OptiFine Version: OptiFine_1.12_HD_U_C3
    Render Distance Chunks: 12
    Mipmaps: 2
    Anisotropic Filtering: 1
    Antialiasing: 0
    Multitexture: false
    Shaders: null
    OpenGlVersion: 2.1 INTEL-10.0.52
    OpenGlRenderer: Intel HD Graphics 3000 OpenGL Engine
    OpenGlVendor: Intel Inc.
    CpuCount: 4

Remove Optifine.

Don't PM me with questions. They will be ignored! Make a thread on the appropriate board for support.

1.12 -> 1.13 primer by williewillus.

1.7.10 and older versions of Minecraft are no longer supported due to it's age! Update to the latest version for support.

http://www.howoldisminecraft1710.today/