1.10.2 how to make your structure spawn in underground caves.

TheRPGAdventurer

3 hours ago, JimiIT92 said:

Just check before calling the generate method that the Y level is below something (for example below 50 or 40)

Hmmm... I think the conditions need to be a bit more intelligent than that. First, you probably want to attach it to a cave system, so traverse blocks downward seeking solid blocks followed by air.

Second, you wouldn't want your block-replacements to break through an ocean bottom that would flood the nest, so design the structure and its placement algorithm accordingly.

Since a dragon-sized structure is probably almost never fit randomly into a cave, the structure itself should probably use plenty of air blocks and void blocks creatively to produce the open space you want.

The debugger is a powerful and necessary tool in any IDE, so learn how to use it. You'll be able to tell us more and get better help here if you investigate your runtime problems in the debugger before posting.

I don't know if worrying about water is a problem. None of the vanilla structures do.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

Just now, jeffryfisher said:

Hmmm... I think the conditions need to be a bit more intelligent than that. First, you probably want to attach it to a cave system, so traverse blocks downward seeking solid blocks followed by air.

Second, you wouldn't want your block-replacements to break through an ocean bottom that would flood the nest, so design the structure and its placement algorithm accordingly.

Since a dragon-sized structure is probably almost never fit randomly into a cave, the structure itself should probably use plenty of air blocks and void blocks creatively to produce the open space you want.

it's really just a small structure with random that i mentioned blocks with a shape of a nest, still thanks. 

I head over the wiki that dragons abandon their nests once they lay their eggs just like reptiles do.

also, where is the location for spawner structures tho. (the location net.minecraft)

Edited by TheRPGAdventurer
Maybe misunderstood

6 hours ago, TheRPGAdventurer said:

I head over the wiki that dragons abandon their nests once they lay their eggs just like reptiles do.

Curiosity piqued:

What wiki?

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

Just now, Draco18s said:

Curiosity piqued:

What wiki?

Oh sorry did I typed wiki? It's not really the wiki it's a documentary on youtube about dragons I watched years ago, My suggestion was just a small dragon's nest with an egg in the middle without the parents and the player just have to load this in his/her minecart and bring it home so he/she can hatch it.

7 hours ago, TheRPGAdventurer said:

documentary on youtube about dragons

Komodo "dragons" in Indonesia? If so then there's little relation with the fire-breathing dragons of Northern European myth (especially as resurrected by Tolkien).

The debugger is a powerful and necessary tool in any IDE, so learn how to use it. You'll be able to tell us more and get better help here if you investigate your runtime problems in the debugger before posting.

Komodo "dragons" in Indonesia? If so then there's little relation with the fire-breathing dragons of Northern European myth (especially as resurrected by Tolkien).

Maybe it's in this video , not sure tho. Hey can you tell me where is the MonsterSpawnerStructure is located, I had trouble attaching the nest I made in the caves.

Oh that documentary.

*Shudder*

That thing is just full of wild ridiculous bullshit that they sort of half-rooted in science and half-rooted in a hodge-podge of Eastern and Western mythology. And the result aligns with none of them.  The most absurd thing in that film is even presented as hard science: that hydrogen bladders were used for lift.

That couldn't be farther from the truth. It would take a balloon ten feet in diameter to lift something a human.  Think about that for a minute.

I mean, your free to use it as inspiration for a mod, but it's not an authoritative reference on fuckanything.  There's a reason the words "mockumentary" and "docufiction" exists.

• Like 1

Just now, Draco18s said:

Oh that documentary.

*Shudder*

That thing is just full of wild ridiculous bullshit that they sort of half-rooted in science and half-rooted in a hodge-podge of Eastern and Western mythology. And the result aligns with none of them.  The most absurd thing in that film is even presented as hard science: that hydrogen bladders were used for lift.

That couldn't be farther from the truth. It would take a balloon ten feet in diameter to lift something a human.  Think about that for a minute.

I mean, your free to use it as inspiration for a mod, but it's not an authoritative reference on fuckanything.  There's a reason the words "mockumentary" and "docufiction" exists.

Nah! It's not this, it's a pretty old video tho. Maybe it was deleted long ago.

Just now, Draco18s said:

Oh that documentary.

*Shudder*

also you got any complex structure tutorials bro for 1.10.2? I think the one I found in version 1.8.9 is not working OR it is working but I am just being a fucking idiot again :D! Just tell me if this http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/mapping-and-modding-tutorials/2667034-1-8-x-and-1-9-complex-structure-generation from 1.8.9 still works on 1.10.2+

5 hours ago, TheRPGAdventurer said:

Nah! It's not this, it's a pretty old video tho. Maybe it was deleted long ago.

The thing your thinking of is almost certainly that documentary. That one has been around for a long time. It was made in 2004.

Look at how the structure block (new in MC 1.10) in vanilla. Compare that to what the tutorial describes. Tell us if they're the same paradigm.

Anyway, you should be able to use structure blocks in a test world to create structure  files you can put in a /structures folder of your mod's assets. The rest should easy to figure out.

Look at how the structure block (new in MC 1.10) in vanilla. Compare that to what the tutorial describes. Tell us if they're the same paradigm.

Anyway, you should be able to use structure blocks in a test world to create structure  files you can put in a /structures folder of your mod's assets. The rest should easy to figure out.

Wait.. I heard of this before, maybe I should try it. No wonder I keep seeing nbt files but I can't open them in notepad. 

here's the link to the tutorial http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/mapping-and-modding-tutorials/2667034-1-8-x-and-1-9-complex-structure-generation

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/1/2017 at 6:21 AM, jeffryfisher said:

how do I do this attachment btw.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/1/2017 at 3:21 AM, jeffryfisher said:

example please? (if you got any)