Getting a world object and player list

GameMakerWorld

I have experimented for a few hours now, read through countless pages of what came up on google searches and still cannot figure out how to solve this very basic issue:

I need to be able to get an object of the world with all its dimensions and chunks. There is the class net.minecraft.world.World that seems to hold access to all that I need but how do I get a usable instance to it? It doesn't seem to have a static access so I really need to know where I can get it from and if it can even do what I need - which is primarily to give me a full list of all players online and secondarily access to all chunks currently loaded in the game.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

EDIT:

I have found a partial solution, but it won't allow me to do everything I need to do. I use an iterator in player-related events:

Iterator it = event.player.worldObj.playerEntities.iterator();

However, I didn't see any way of doing this in events not related to players where I do, however, want to check on players. Grabbing the player list from an event with players and then using it elsewhere is possible but seems like a dirty solution.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the help, I will be using the following now:

ArrayList<EntityPlayerMP> allp = new ArrayList<EntityPlayerMP>();
ListIterator itl;

for(int i = 0; i<MinecraftServer.getServer().worldServers.length; i++) {
itl = MinecraftServer.getServer().worldServers[i].playerEntities.listIterator();
while(itl.hasNext()) allp.add((EntityPlayerMP)itl.next());
}

• Thanks 2