Unique crafting ideas

Xentripetal

I was looking through various github projects for inspiration and saw a unique feature in a minecraft mod that had a wack-a-mole style minigame with various 'hit areas' with different time and tool requirements overlayed on an anvil. The success of how many you hit in the time frame as well as any special booster hits would result in a correlated quality of the produced tool.

This made me realize how few mods implement skill based mini-games into their system to affect quality. I tried to think of other possible implementations to this but couldn't come up with any besides wood cutting paired with an obstacle course type thing where you have to move a saw through the proper angles based on the desired block.

Does anyone have any other interesting ideas related to skill and/or mini-game based crafting?