Save capabilities ? [1.11.2]

Rhym

Hi everyone

I created a custom capability for my mod which is attached to the player.

I would like to know how to save or recover it's content after the player left the World/Server. (to get it back when he reconnects)

It gets lost because the game creates a new entity at the player's loggin and doesn't reuse the old one. (Solo and Multiplayer Server)

@SubscribeEvent
	public void onEntityConstruct(AttachCapabilitiesEvent.Entity evt) {
		if (evt.getEntity() instanceof EntityPlayer == false) {
			return;// mod compatibility: IE Tinkers construct
		}

evt.addCapability(new ResourceLocation(Reference.MOD_ID, "zpstats"), new ICapabilitySerializable<NBTTagCompound>() {
			IPlayerExtendedProperties inst = MainZombies.CAPABILITY_THIRST.getDefaultInstance();

@Override
			public boolean hasCapability(Capability<?> capability, EnumFacing facing) {
				return capability == MainZombies.CAPABILITY_THIRST;
			}

@Override
			public <T> T getCapability(Capability<T> capability, EnumFacing facing) {
				return capability == MainZombies.CAPABILITY_THIRST ? MainZombies.CAPABILITY_THIRST.<T>cast(inst) : null;
			}

@Override
			public NBTTagCompound serializeNBT() {
				try {
					return (NBTTagCompound) MainZombies.CAPABILITY_THIRST.getStorage()
							.writeNBT(MainZombies.CAPABILITY_THIRST, inst, null);
				} catch (java.lang.ClassCastException e) {
					return new NBTTagCompound();
				}
			}

@Override
			public void deserializeNBT(NBTTagCompound nbt) {
				MainZombies.CAPABILITY_THIRST.getStorage().readNBT(MainZombies.CAPABILITY_THIRST, inst, null, nbt);
			}
		});
	}

I have already this in my code is this what you talked about ? 

(sorry if i'm totaly wrong it's my first mod)

If not could you give me an example ?

test.java

public class Capabilities {
  public static void register() {
    CapabilityManager.INSTANCE.register(IPlayerExtendedProperties.class, new Storage(),
        InstancePlayerExtendedProperties.class);
  }
  public static IPlayerExtendedProperties getPlayerProperties(EntityPlayer player) {

if (player == null) {
      return null;
    }

IPlayerExtendedProperties props = player.getCapability(MainZombies.CAPABILITY_THIRST, null);
    return props;
  }
  public interface IPlayerExtendedProperties {

int getThirstLevel();
    void setThirstLevel(int value);

// ---------------
    NBTTagCompound getDataAsNBT();
    void setDataFromNBT(NBTTagCompound nbt);
    //summary
  }
  public static class InstancePlayerExtendedProperties implements IPlayerExtendedProperties {
    private int thirstLevel = 20;
    @Override
    public NBTTagCompound getDataAsNBT() {
      NBTTagCompound tags = new NBTTagCompound();
      tags.setInteger("getThirstLevel", this.getThirstLevel());
      return tags;
    }
    @Override
    public void setDataFromNBT(NBTTagCompound nbt) {
      NBTTagCompound tags;
      if (nbt instanceof NBTTagCompound == false) {
        tags = new NBTTagCompound();
      }
      else {
        tags = (NBTTagCompound) nbt;
      }
      this.setThirstLevel(tags.getInteger("getThirstLevel"));
    }
    @Override
    public int getThirstLevel() {
      return this.thirstLevel;
    }
    @Override
    public void setThirstLevel(int value) {
      this.thirstLevel = value;
    }
  }
  public static class Storage implements IStorage<IPlayerExtendedProperties> {
    @Override
    public NBTTagCompound writeNBT(Capability<IPlayerExtendedProperties> capability, IPlayerExtendedProperties instance, EnumFacing side) {
      return instance.getDataAsNBT();
    }
    @Override
    public void readNBT(Capability<IPlayerExtendedProperties> capability, IPlayerExtendedProperties instance, EnumFacing side, NBTBase nbt) {
      try {
        instance.setDataFromNBT((NBTTagCompound) nbt);
      }
      catch (Exception e) {
        //Invalid NBT compound
        e.printStackTrace();
      }
    }
  }
  public static void syncServerDataToClient(EntityPlayerMP p) {
	  MainZombies.logString("Capabilities: sync start");
    if (p == null) { return; }
    IPlayerExtendedProperties props = Capabilities.getPlayerProperties(p);
    if (props != null) {
      MainZombies.instance.network.sendTo(new PacketSyncPlayerData(props.getDataAsNBT()), p);
      MainZombies.logString("Capabilities: sync succes");
    }
  }
}
public class PacketSyncPlayerData implements IMessage, IMessageHandler<PacketSyncPlayerData, IMessage> {
  public static final int ID = 50;
  NBTTagCompound tags = new NBTTagCompound();
  public PacketSyncPlayerData() {
  }
  public PacketSyncPlayerData(NBTTagCompound ptags) {
    tags = ptags;
  }
  @Override
  public void fromBytes(ByteBuf buf) {
    tags = ByteBufUtils.readTag(buf);
  }
  @Override
  public void toBytes(ByteBuf buf) {
    ByteBufUtils.writeTag(buf, this.tags);
  }
  @Override
  public IMessage onMessage(PacketSyncPlayerData message, MessageContext ctx) {
    if (ctx.side == Side.CLIENT) {
      //update it through client proxy
      PacketSyncPlayerData.checkThreadAndEnqueue(message, ctx);
    }
    return null;
  }
  private static final void checkThreadAndEnqueue(final PacketSyncPlayerData message, final MessageContext ctx) {
    IThreadListener thread = MainZombies.proxy.getThreadFromContext(ctx);

thread.addScheduledTask(new Runnable() {
      public void run() {
        // msg.process(ModMain.proxy.getPlayerEntity(ctx), ctx.side);
    	 MainZombies.proxy.setClientPlayerData(ctx, message.tags);
      }
    });
  }
}

ok this should be everything

As said I'm still a beginner in this and I don't undersand everything yet. And I haven't found much about this on the internet either.

I took most of this from this mod https://github.com/LothrazarMinecraftMods/OverpoweredInventory

I check it by displaying it in the logs 

public void readData() {

MainZombies.logString("======= readData Start");

if(!player.hasCapability(MainZombies.CAPABILITY_THIRST, null))
			return;

IPlayerExtendedProperties prop = Capabilities.getPlayerProperties(player);
		if (prop != null) {
			this.thirstSaturation = prop.getThirstLevel();
			MainZombies.logString("======= " + prop.getThirstLevel());
		}

MainZombies.logString("======= readData succes");
	}

And I think I found the issue

public ThirstLogic(EntityPlayer player) {
		this.thirstLevel = Reference.MAX_THIRST_LEVEL;
		this.thirstSaturation = Reference.MAX_THIRST_SATURATION;
		this.player = player;
		this.thirstSource = new DamageThirst();

readData();
	}

I don't konw how to fix it tho. The readData function gives the good number now but "thirstLevel" doesn't change it stays at 20 even if the read function wants to set it to an other number

the class ThirstLogic that handles all Thirst related things and exists when a player joins the world.

"get......" is the method that takes the information out of the storage.

Or is there a way to get the players capability informaions in a better way ?

(this part of the code is inspired by the "OverpoweredInventory Mod")

https://github.com/LothrazarMinecraftMods/OverpoweredInventory/blob/master/src/main/java/com/lothrazar/powerinventory/inventory/GuiOverpowered.java

line 42 for exemple

I know I know

and no thanks :P.

- I changed the identifier to UUID is it at least better ? x)

It doesn't need to be perfect for me and my friends to have fun with it, so I will maybe redo it properly the day I realy need to and know how to do everything (if that happens one day x) )

That's the problem I have no idea how to do most of all the things I need and only got it to work by trying random things.

My only way of learning so far has been youtube and this Forum.

And by the way I'm using the mod for several days now and it never crashed a single time. (not that I think my code is good but at least it does somehow what I want it to do and thats atleast something)

I understand that I have many things to change I simply don't know how or if it would be better without an exemple to base my code of.

Edited by Rhym