2 issues with Eclipse, following "Basic Modding" tutorial

natron77

I am following the Basic Modding tutorial on the wiki (www.minecraftforge.net/wiki/Basic_Modding), trying to make a Forge mod for the first time.

Files I'm using: minecraftforge-src-1.4.7-6.6.1.524.zip, jdk1.6.0_39, Eclipse Europa 3.3.2

I installed Forge fine (install.cmd completed successfully)

When I launch Eclipse, and set the workspace to \forge\mcp\eclipse, I get these errors:

Project 'Minecraft' is missing required library: 'jars/bin/jinput.jar' Minecraft Build path

Project 'Minecraft' is missing required library: 'jars/bin/lwjgl_util.jar' Minecraft Build path

Project 'Minecraft' is missing required library: 'jars/bin/lwjgl.jar' Minecraft Build path

Project 'Minecraft' is missing required library: 'jars/bin/minecraft.jar' Minecraft Build path

Project 'Minecraft' is missing required library: 'lib/argo-2.25.jar' Minecraft Build path

Project 'Minecraft' is missing required library: 'lib/asm-all-4.0.jar' Minecraft Build path

Project 'Minecraft' is missing required library: 'lib/bcprov-jdk15on-147.jar' Minecraft Build path

Project 'Minecraft' is missing required library: 'lib/guava-12.0.1.jar' Minecraft Build

Additionally, if I try to follow the next step of the Tutorial (expand the Minecraft src package), the directory is empty.

No problem, this is an odd one.  ???

Here, try this out:

-Right-click the project, select Properties

-Go to Java Build Path, Libraries tab

-Are any errors listed? Are the "missing" files there despite what it said earlier?

-If the JARs aren't there, manually add them from \mcp\jars\bin and \mcp\lib. If they are though, first remove them and then re-add them.

Let's see if this works out.

Good, half the problem is fixed! ;D Now for the other half:

-Right-click the src you have highlighted in your image, select Properties

-What's the Location and Resolved Location looking like? It should be something like MCP_LOC\src\minecraft & C:\whatever\forge\mcp\src\minecraft respectively

-Click the "Edit..." button next to Location

-Verify that it's actually pointing to \forge\mcp\src\minecraft via "Folder..."

Fingers crossed!

Good, half the problem is fixed! ;D Now for the other half:

-Right-click the src you have highlighted in your image, select Properties

-What's the Location and Resolved Location looking like? It should be something like MCP_LOC\src\minecraft & C:\whatever\forge\mcp\src\minecraft respectively

-Click the "Edit..." button next to Location

-Verify that it's actually pointing to \forge\mcp\src\minecraft via "Folder..."

Fingers crossed!

Both Location and Resolved location are Unknown, and there is no Edit button:

PTzq7W3.png

*blinkblinks* ...Well, that explains the real problem. ???

While this is going on, which Eclipse are you using?

Let's tackle this another way then:

-Right-click src back in the Project Explorer, Build Path, Configure Build Path (We're going back to Java Build Path, this is just another way to do it for what we want right now)

-Because of what you showed before, the Source tab should be empty of any entries. Does "Add Folder..." and "Edit..." appear?

Okay, that might actually be part of the problem... Europa is a 2007 release, meant for JRE 5. :(

We can go two routes at this point:

1.) Scrap Europa and download a newer version of Eclipse, see if it does the same thing with the workspace

2.) Continue working with this, see if we can get anywhere with this, I doubt this compiler is going to be helpful though

Assuming you want to continue on this, use Edit and there hopefully will be a "Browse..." button next to Linked Folder Location. Try to get it to match up with your intended directory if there is.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...