[1.11]Way to connect to server like bungeecord

UltraTechX

Is there any way to do something like bungeecoord where you can connect between servers, but in forge? Thanks!

Just a FYI, i am trying to send the player from one forge server to another

Edited by UltraTechX

I'm working on something big!  As long as there arent alot of big issues... [D

5 hours ago, diesieben07 said:

It's called BungeeCord. :P

OK lol I will try it out today and see if I can get something working. Do you think it should be a spigot server with both of the forge servers?.

1 hour ago, diesieben07 said:

I don't know, personally I have never worked with BungeeCord. But as far as I know it's a standalone program that can work with plain Forge servers.

While I work on that, im curious, is there a way for a mod (installed on a client) to connect the user to a server without being on the main menu?

1 minute ago, diesieben07 said:

I am not sure what you mean by that.

It might make more sense if I explain why I am trying to do with multiple servers. (if this part is confusing im sorry, I can easily make a quick video in obs showing it running) -

I have a mod that downloads a bunch of other mods when you join a specific server, BUT, I ran into a problem once i took it out of eclipse.  It would give me the "missing mods" error when I joined my server with it.  So I thought about a buffer server, where that is the main server on 25565, and it only requires the mod that downloads everything, and since my mod sends a packet when you join with a link to a list full of mods, so when you are in the buffer server, it downloads the mods, then checks to see if any were new, and if there are new mods, restart the game and set it up for that server.  Otherwise, if you already had all the mods and were configured for the server, take a piece of info from the packet containing server information and connect the user to that server.

I am having trouble figuring out a way to "take a piece of info from the packet containing server information and connect the user to that server." without bungeecord. That is pretty much it

14 minutes ago, diesieben07 said:

Downloading and then executing code from the internet is a very bad idea and we will not support you doing that here.

oh, alrighty then. Forget the mod, then

• 8 months later...

Just found out about this recently:

1. Get a Minecraft Forge server

2. Download the SpongeForge mod and place it in your mods folder (link here)

3. Start the server, and once it's fully loaded, type in the stop command (to properly stop it)

4. Go to config/sponge/global.conf

5. Set bungeecord=true in the modules section, like:

modules {
        block-capturing-control=true
        # SET BUNGEECORD TO TRUE HERE :D (PS: Don't include this comment)
        bungeecord=true
        entity-activation-range=true
        entity-collisions=true
        exploits=true
        game-fixes=false
        # Allows configuring Vanilla movement and speed checks
        movement-checks=false
        optimizations=true
        # Use real (wall) time instead of ticks as much as possible
        realtime=false
        # Controls block range and tick rate of tileentities.
        # Use with caution as this can break intended functionality.
        tileentity-activation=false
        timings=true
        tracking=true
}

6. Set ip-forwarding=true in the bungeecord section, like:

bungeecord {
    # If enabled, allows BungeeCord to forward IP address, UUID, and Game Profile to this server
    ip-forwarding=true
}

7. Now, instead of BungeeCord, get Waterfall. This is because the ip forwarding feature in Bungee doesn't work with Forge, but if you have Waterfall, all is well

8. In the Waterfall config.yml, set ip-forwarding to true

NOTE: All these steps are for people who want to use Waterfall (aka BungeeCord) with Forge WHILE using Bungee's awesome IP forwarding feature. If you do not want ip forwarding, then you can directly use BungeeCord with Forge (without any mod support), BUT you need to disable ip-forwarding in Bungee's config. Without IP forwarding, your Forge servers won't get the player's real IP and won't get the player's UUID (for some reason, UUIDs are also forwarded in IP forwarding, despite the name). If you are planning to host a cracked server, then this is fine - except you'll have trouble administering IP bans :)