Gradlew eclipse won`t create eclipse folder

TheASTRO

Hey! I am trying to setup workspace for 1.7.10. setupDecompWorkspace  finished successfully, but when I execute gradlew eclipse, it creates .settings and no eclipse folder. Here is console log:

>gradlew.bat eclipse
 Powered By MCP:
http://modcoderpack.com/
 Searge, ProfMobius, Fesh0r,
 R4wk, ZeuX, IngisKahn, bspkrs
 MCP Data version : unknown
:eclipseClasspath
:eclipseJdt
:eclipseProject
:eclipse

BUILD SUCCESSFUL

Total time: 16.583 secs

15 minutes ago, TheASTRO said:

By the way: I`ve just tested it on 1.8 and have same problem. What may course it?

There's nothing wrong here. Gradle does not generate the eclipse folder, it's only found in the MDK. The eclipse folder is completely unnecessary and in my opinion it is not a good way to manage a project. It only allows for one project in an Eclipse workspace and requires downloading/copying the MDK to create a new project. I would recommend using a multiproject workspace instead. Lex has made a video tutorial on this, it can be found here. He recommends using setupDevWorkspace, however I would strongly recommend setupDecompWorkspace as it allows you to look at the decompiled MC source.

Additionally, I would not recommend targeting 1.8, target 1.9.4 at the very least, preferably 1.10.2 or 1.11.2. 1.8 had a lot of issues due the the massive changes to the rendering system, these issues were mostly remedied by Forge for MC 1.9.4.

Edited by Leviathan143
  • Like 2