Issues using forge with intellij

Vidalia

I've downloaded and installed the latest forge version and I'm trying to set it up to use with intellij.

It happily opened the eclipse workspace files after I pointed the MCP_LOC variable to the right place. I spent some time updating all the external .jar libraries to point to the right locations and began working through the basic tutorial.

Unfortunately, intellij hasn't picked up on where the 'cpw' package is (Cannot resolve symbol 'cpw'), or any of the new @Annotations, so I can't compile anything.

I've tried searching the wiki and forums, but no-one else seems to have this problem. Has anyone else managed to successfully use intellij with forge? What have I missed here?

Thanks in advance.

Professional Scapegoat

Thanks! Turns out that was the bit I was missing. cpw.mods.fml was in the workspace (project in intellij), but only partly.

If it helps anyone, to import the classes go to File->Project Structure, select libraries and add a new library (the + at the top of the middle column) then add the forge\mcp\bin\minecraft folder, then add forge\mcp\src\minecraft to the project library (the + in the right column). Assuming all the other imports are OK, it should compile ok.

I'll get around to sticking a tutorial for setting up intellij in the wiki at some point.

• Like 1

Professional Scapegoat