[1.11.2] [SOLVED] Custom tool container item duplicates items in crafting

RazzaAzza

[1.11.2] 

This is my first time using the forum, and I am currently learning how to mod in Forge (13.20.0.2282). On testing a custom tool (Iron Saw (not original, I know) with an ability to stay in the crafting grid; it was making more items (duplicating planks) out of logs beyond its damage value by shift-clicking the output into inventory.  The iron saw had 19 damage value assigned to it which it would ordinarily produces 124 planks (6 per log), would duplicate beyond that while shift-clicking the output (produced 296) . As this is my first time posting and requesting help here, what do you guys need to see to explain my question on how to stop this duplication. My coding in both java and forge is at beginner level. 

RazzaAzza

Edited by RazzaAzza

I'll look at the git tutorial. As for the package name, what can I replace it with (I don't own any form of ,com)?  Is there any information I can look up for naming my package?

I didn't realize I wouldn't have to declare the input stack's size before the meta (I do know that now.).

I also didn't realize I wouldn't have to put  doesContainerItemLeaveCraftingGrid if it returns false. 

RazzaAzza

I just realized an huge oversight on my part in regarding the original question about item duplication with the iron saw. The saw does not duplicate anything as I originally thought. It does cut the intended number of planks and gets destroyed; then by through shift-clicking, the table finishes up the rest with 4x of the planks out of the remaining logs. 

Oy, I need to pay close attention to these mathematical details. 

RazzaAzza

((How do I mark this as Solved or delete this post? What would be the next step?))

Edited by RazzaAzza