[1.8] Seeing through certain blocks, how is xray structured

Jongh

Hi, so I'm looking through this mod's source code in github at the moment and I don't fully understand how the mod's xray is structured.

https://github.com/MinecraftModdedClients/Resilience-Client-Source

I can find some structural classes, like simple classes that add xray blocks to the 'xray list' and a little xray skeleton class just to save the block id, and then the actual xray module class: https://github.com/MinecraftModdedClients/Resilience-Client-Source/blob/master/com/krispdev/resilience/module/modules/world/ModuleXray.java that changes the boolean value in xrayutil to on and off, but I don't understand how, where, the actual xray part is executed, the part that decides what blocks to render or pass some sort of 'blocklist' to the renderer. 

Reason is because I'm trying to make a mod that has a similar functionality of being able to see through certain blocks, but I don't know how I can do it. I was thinking about just adding a renderevent somehow like most other mods but I think it would be really inefficient to calculate on each renderevent which blocks to render and which not to. Anyone know a good way to do this?

Xray mods are considered cheating almost everywhere, so you might not get help here (and this thread may be locked as soon as an admin sees it).

The debugger is a powerful and necessary tool in any IDE, so learn how to use it. You'll be able to tell us more and get better help here if you investigate your runtime problems in the debugger before posting.