[1.10.2] [1.11.2] Implementing block models larger than 2x2x2 using a TESR

turbodiesel4598

Hey there,

I was just trying to work out why my 3x3x3 block model was not rendering correctly in-game, and have just found out that, rather frustratingly, the maximum block model size is 2x2x2. Is there any reasonable way to deal with this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by turbodiesel4598

You will have to make multiple blocks because Minecraft doesnt handle Collision boxes greater than 1x1x1 and fence had to go through so much stuff just to handle a height of 1.5.

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.

Normal models, using JSON: No.

TESR: Yes, by using normal sized model and scaling it larger.

Unsure if it works, but you can try creating a custom IBakedModel, retrieve the List<BakedQuads> of a normal sized model, and scale them to a new size. This would circumvent using a TESR, if possible.

Also previously known as eAndPi.

"Pi, is there a station coming up where we can board your train of thought?" -Kronnn

Published Mods: Underworld

Handy links: Vic_'s Forge events Own WIP Tutorials.

2 hours ago, Matryoshika said:

TESR: Yes, by using normal sized model and scaling it larger.

Ok, I took your advice, and the model is now 1.5x1.5x1.5, and so I need to double the scale. I think must be making a mistake in the TESR class, because for some reason, the model isn't scaling up. Here are the relevant classes:

BlockFusionCore.java

FusionCoreTESR.java

ClientProxy.java

blockstates/fusion_core.json

models/block/fusion_core.json

I've modified the title of the discussion to reflect where my issue has moved.

Edited by turbodiesel4598

Well, you aren't actually rendering anything in the TESR. It's not linked to model for the blockstate that the tileentity inhabits.
In your block, override getRenderType(IBlockState) to return EnumBlockRenderType.INVISIBLE. This essentially tells Minecraft "hey, you don't have to worry about rendering this block, I'm going to handle it myself".

In your TESR, call Minecraft::renderModel and provide a cached IBakedModel that was manually gained from the JSON.

I get a BakedModel and cache it here, and render it here.(minus the bindTexture part).

Spoiler

If you do it correctly, you should get this ;)

cBCLLnm.png

Edited by Matryoshika
  • Like 1

Also previously known as eAndPi.

"Pi, is there a station coming up where we can board your train of thought?" -Kronnn

Published Mods: Underworld

Handy links: Vic_'s Forge events Own WIP Tutorials.