[1.11.2]Porting mod 1.6 to 1.11

WildHeart

Hello, I rewrite my mod to a newer version and faced the problem. What is replaced by this package: Packet250CustomPayload?

And now a question for those who are versed in buildcraft. What now comes as a replacement for these classes: IPowerReceptor, PowerHandler, PowerReceiver and etc?

A lot of internal changes have been made since 1.6. You'd most likely be better of with rewriting the mod instead of updating the mod.

BuildCraft is now using the Forge energy capability (or is it still using the RF API?).

• Like 1

Don't PM me with questions. They will be ignored! Make a thread on the appropriate board for support.

1.12 -> 1.13 primer by williewillus.

1.7.10 and older versions of Minecraft are no longer supported due to it's age! Update to the latest version for support.

http://www.howoldisminecraft1710.today/

1 minute ago, Matryoshika said:

I believe Packet250CustomPayload has become CPacketCustomPayload & SpacketCustomPayload, for use from Client & Server respectively

He shouldn't even be using those classes, as there's a new way of client/server communication (SimpleNetworkWrapper).

• Like 1

Don't PM me with questions. They will be ignored! Make a thread on the appropriate board for support.

1.12 -> 1.13 primer by williewillus.

1.7.10 and older versions of Minecraft are no longer supported due to it's age! Update to the latest version for support.

http://www.howoldisminecraft1710.today/

2 hours ago, larsgerrits said:

You'd most likely be better of with rewriting the mod instead of updating the mod.

Agreed. First write the equivalent of a "Hello World" Forge mod in 1.11 (create a block and put a texture on it and its ItemBlock). That'll drag you through the new (fragile) JSON paradigm (NB: Ignore the mesher mentioned in obsolete tutorials, and make sure you learn the Forge's advanced blockstates JSON format).

After you've done that, then write a new mod using your old one as if it's a design spec. Work from the easy parts toward the deeper constructs (like the packet you mentioned). That's because there's a chance of the more modern Forge having new events / features etc that will spare you from having to "hack" as deeply to accomplish your goal(s).

What does your mod do (from a player's point of view)?

Edited by jeffryfisher

The debugger is a powerful and necessary tool in any IDE, so learn how to use it. You'll be able to tell us more and get better help here if you investigate your runtime problems in the debugger before posting.