[SOLVED] [1.10.2/1.11.2] Fluid renders in Forge bucket, but not as a block

turbodiesel4598

I cloned your repository to debug this locally, but I encountered an issue: You're manually adding the Tesla and JEI JARs in the libs directory as dependencies, but your repository doesn't include these files. You should prefer using Maven/Ivy dependencies as these will be automatically downloaded by Gradle when setting up the workspace. JEI's Developer Wiki explains how to add it as a Maven dependency here, Tesla's readme explains how to do this here.

After fixing this, I narrowed down the source of your problem. The issue is that you're calling ModelLoader.setCustomStateMapper for your fluid Blocks before they've been registered, which ModelLoader doesn't support. You need to call it after they've been registered.

In general, it's not entirely safe to pass around a Block or any other IForgeRegistryEntry before it's been registered.

The technical explanation is that ModelLoader stores the registered IStateMappers in a HashMap<RegistryDelegate<Block>, IStateMapper>. HashMap uses Object#hashCode and Object#equals to determine if two keys are equal and RegistryDelegate.Delegate implements these using its name field, which is only set when an IForgeRegistryEntry.Impl instance (e.g. a Block) is registered. Before registration, all RegistryDelegates are equal to each other.

When you call ModelLoader.setCustomStateMapper with a Block that hasn't been registered, the IStateMapper is stored in the HashMap with a null-named RegistryDelegate as the key. When you call it again with another unregistered Block, the HashMap considers the two null-named RegistryDelegates to be the same key, so it replaces the old IStateMapper value with the new one.

When you call ModelLoader.setCustomStateMapper with a Block that has been registered, its RegistryDelegate will have a unique name (the Block's registry name) and be considered a distinct key in the HashMap from any other Block's RegistryDelegate.

• Like 1

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.

I've forked your repository and pushed the fixes for the issues I mentioned. You can view and/or merge these changes here.

Edited by Choonster

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.