Custom Block Rendering ?

AndyLun

Hi,

I am going to make a custom block which looks different from other solid square blocks.

For example,

the Microscope in the MineChem 2 Mod.

As Shown in this video :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UFz4X_PXZw

Watch that video at 0:53

The Microscope.

It is rendered not as same as other squar-ish blocks. It's outline(the black one) is square but it don't looks like that.

Hope the information provided is enough. Please Help Me

Thanks.... A LOT

I made a model for my block in techne but I'm not sure how to make the block use that model it takes up a 3x3x3 block area, but it isn't a giant cube. anyone know how I could make my block use the custom model? here's an example of what it should look like ---> http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111021171458/codelyoko/images/c/c9/Terre_486.jpg

I have the same problem, i made a new block model in techne but don't know how to make my block use it.

I studied the other not-square blocks in minecraft like the stairs for example and i figured out that they have 2 methods to change the block.

public boolean renderAsNormalBlock()

{

return false;

}

public int getRenderType()

{

return 10;

}

In this, the number 10 represents case 10 from getRenderType which renders the stairs. But i don't know how the last step of actually declaring what it looks like is performed.

I think somehow method #2 has to be replaced with the model.java or something but i have no clue...