[1.11] [Client-Mod] Get itemstack name being wierd

SHsuperCM

Ok.. So.. I'm trying to get the itemstack name from an entity item and put it as an customname for the entity..

Now, this is a client side mod, meaning it does not add those items, and the items are not so much vanilla like..

Those items are generated by plugins on a server and they have custom everything, sooo, I was trying to get

for example a healing potion which on the item name it says: "{LightRedFormat}Potion of Healing {DarkRedformat}[3/3]" now I'm using itemstack.getDisplayName()

and it is just showing: "HEALING 19" instead of the real item name..

Thanks for anyone helping in advance..

Doing stuff n' things

public void t(Minecraft mc) {
    if (mc.world != null && mc.world.loadedEntityList != null && refresh.Passed()) {
        for (Entity entity:mc.world.loadedEntityList) {
            if (mc.world.loadedEntityList == null)
                break;
            if (entity instanceof EntityItem) {
                ItemStack itemstack = ((EntityItem) entity).getEntityItem();
                if (itemstack.hasDisplayName()) {
                    entity.setCustomNameTag(itemstack.getDisplayName());
                    entity.setAlwaysRenderNameTag(true);
                }
            }
        }
    }
}

Doing stuff n' things

Just now, diesieben07 said:

No, it doesn't work at all.

Look, I know you're trying to help, but it does work and it is not what I asked for.. I'm asking for something completly different.. It doesnt have anything to do with how I display it...

Doing stuff n' things

2 hours ago, SHsuperCM said:

Those items are generated by plugins on a server and they have custom everything, sooo, I was trying to get

for example a healing potion which on the item name it says: "{LightRedFormat}Potion of Healing {DarkRedformat}[3/3]" now I'm using itemstack.getDisplayName()

Doing stuff n' things

:-\

1 hour ago, SHsuperCM said:

Why would you think I came here if I didnt try different things..

This is the one I used all along and also a few others but this one does what the first post says...

Doing stuff n' things

And what have you tried in respect of "getting the right string". How do you sync the string.

If my post helped you, please press that "Thank You"-button to show your appreciation.

Also if you don't know Java, I would suggest you read the official tutorials by Oracle to get an idea of how to do this. Thanks, and good modding!

Also if you haven't, set up a Git repo for your mod not only for convinience but also to make it easier to help you.

What makes you think that:

4 hours ago, SHsuperCM said:

How did you debug it:

Throwing a bunch of items and some work and alot dont.

How did you check that you are looking at the right item:

It sets the name to the item and I can clearly see that its wrong..

3 minutes ago, sham1 said:

And what have you tried in respect of "getting the right string".

I've tried getDisplayName and also doing the nbt stuff like getDisplayName does and played with that..

Doing stuff n' things

4 minutes ago, SHsuperCM said:

I've tried getDisplayName and also doing the nbt stuff like getDisplayName does and played with that..

But are you sure that the NBT data gets actually synced between the client and the server?

Also, you should work with that attitude of yours.

If my post helped you, please press that "Thank You"-button to show your appreciation.

Also if you don't know Java, I would suggest you read the official tutorials by Oracle to get an idea of how to do this. Thanks, and good modding!

Also if you haven't, set up a Git repo for your mod not only for convinience but also to make it easier to help you.

Just now, sham1 said:

But are you sure that the NBT data gets actually synced between the client and the server?

If it didnt sync then all items wouldnt display but there are items that do correctly..

2 minutes ago, sham1 said:

Also, you should work with that attitude of yours.

I'm trying to stay relaxed but diesieben is killing me with again and again telling me something else wont work which it does work..

I'm sorry if it annoys you I'm just working on this for hours...

Doing stuff n' things

3 minutes ago, SHsuperCM said:

@sham1 see what I'm saying..

Just do what he says. I think he knows a little more about this than you do.

I will not because it works.. and again I'm not restarting this.. This thread is about something different and idc if others think a method is wrong or not.. it is coding and I'm free to do whatever I feel is right.. I came to modder support because I dont understand why something else wouldnt work..

Doing stuff n' things

27 minutes ago, sham1 said:

I think he knows a little more about this than you do.

Just a little? Haha. diesieben knows A LOT more about this than he does!

24 minutes ago, SHsuperCM said:

I'm free to do whatever I feel is right

However, that might now always work. And in this case, it doesn't. And you came to the forums for help, diesieben gave you help and information and now you're complaining? Please, just leave the forums then.

Edited by larsgerrits
  • Like 1

Don't PM me with questions. They will be ignored! Make a thread on the appropriate board for support.

1.12 -> 1.13 primer by williewillus.

1.7.10 and older versions of Minecraft are no longer supported due to it's age! Update to the latest version for support.

http://www.howoldisminecraft1710.today/

I came to modder support because my mod has a problem and I needed support to fix it.. I dont care how much he knows if he shortens his mind to something unrelated....

Again and again this forum brings this idiot to say that he knows some coding and he starts shouting that he wants people to do things his way and only his....

I dont understand why I keep trying to get help on here and listen to this fcker saying my code is wrong...

fk this I'mma just get rid of this feature in the mod.. And its sad to see that thing happening on somewhere which is supposed to help modders....

Doing stuff n' things

Diesieben07 is a mod, just FYI.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

52 minutes ago, SHsuperCM said:

I came to modder support because my mod has a problem and I needed support to fix it.. I dont care how much he knows if he shortens his mind to something unrelated....

Again and again this forum brings this idiot to say that he knows some coding and he starts shouting that he wants people to do things his way and only his....

I dont understand why I keep trying to get help on here and listen to this fcker saying my code is wrong...

fk this I'mma just get rid of this feature in the mod.. And its sad to see that thing happening on somewhere which is supposed to help modders....

He is helping you by giving the right/updated code for something you are doing wrong. It may work now but that may not be the case in the future.

Classes: 94

Lines of code: 12173

Other files: 206

Github repo: https://github.com/KokkieBeer/DeGeweldigeMod