[Solved]Failed to login: Invalid session (when trying to test open to lan)

aw_wolfe

minecraft 1.11.2

forge-1.11.2-13.20.0.2228

linux

I want to test my mod in a multiplayer environment.

I copied my project folder to another local computer and re-ran the ./gradlew build,./gradlew runClient. It runs on new machine. I select "open to lan" and try to connect with my computer. I get a "Failed to login: Invalid session (Try restarting your game)" error message. Restarting game, does not help.

Is there some configuration in forge or a different way to start it that would allow me to connect? Is there something else I can do to troubleshoot?

Thanks,

Tony

Edited by aw_wolfe
solved

Ok, so you can't use a development environment to run more than 1 copy of minecraft on separate lan machines to test network issues out?  Each copy needs to different minecraft licence? Or can I log in with single minecraft license on 2 different machines and connect 'offline lan'?

I remember older versions of minecraft had no issues connecting lan and only needed licence if going online.

Thanks,

Tony

Thanks. I did find if I set the server to offline I was able to connect without logging into my minecraft account. However, the player name is randomly selected each time I join the server.  Is there a way to set the player name from the command line like ..... ./gradlew runClient --playername="Tony".... or something similar?

Thanks,

Tony

If I start the client from eclipse with the argument : --username=Tony , in the run configurations it works. 

However, I am not seeing how to do this from the command line with gradlew runClient. I get an error:

* What went wrong:
Problem configuring task :runClient from command line.
> Unknown command-line option '--username'.

What is the proper way to start from commandline? Sorry, obviously I've been doing this wrong. Eclipse run config points to a main class GradleStart, but I don't see any jars in my project folder that would have it.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I have this problem, when I want to join with my friend on a lan and also using a hamachi it doesn't work, idk why but it doesn't, it says "log in failed: invalid session (try restarting your game)" can someone help me 

thanks,
ahmed

• Guest locked this topic