[1.11.2]WorldSavedData issues

BeardlessBrady

[06:52:29] [Server thread/INFO]: [STDERR]: java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to instantiate class gunn.modcurrency.mod.core.data.BankAccountSavedData

[06:52:29] [Server thread/INFO]: [STDERR]: Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: gunn.modcurrency.mod.core.data.BankAccountSavedData.<init>(java.lang.String)

Your WorldSavedData class must have a constructor that takes a single String argument.

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.

In the Block Activated I would add a test account, run it, then comment it out. Then I would get the account and I could get it fine. Once I restart the world and try to get the account again it would be empty. The set Account statement I used is commented out here: https://github.com/BeardlessBrady/Currency-Mod/blob/master-1.11/src/main/java/gunn/modcurrency/mod/block/BlockATM.java#L70

Packets.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

7 minutes ago, BeardlessBrady said:

So what is the best way to sync server WorldSavedData to client?

Which clients need which data and when?

If a client always needs to know a particular value (e.g to render it on a HUD), send a packet to any relevant players when they log in and when the value changes.

If a client only needs to know the value in a GUI, you can probably sync it through the Container (either using the built-in syncing packets or your own).

If a bank account is only ever linked to one player, consider storing a player's bank account(s) in a player Capability instead of using World Saved Data.

• Like 1

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.