Entity Spawning

wog890

Sorry for posting again.........

As the title says, I can't get my stupid animal to spawn naturally in the world. It appears and works fine with a spawn egg, but it won't appear naturally.

My class EntityPenguin is the base class and extends EntityTameable. All other penguin types extend from it and are the classes I need to actually spawn into the world. Below is the code I am currently using to attempt to spawn the stupid animal. (I wasn't originally registering both EntityPenguin and EntityBluePenguin, but I figured that my be my issue. If anyone can let me know if this is necessary, I would appreciate. If you can help me fix the issue entirely, I would greatly appreciate it)

Mod File

public static int startEntityId = 400;

@Init
public void load(FMLInitializationEvent event) {
	proxy.registerRenderInformation();

EntityRegistry.registerModEntity(EntityPenguin.class, "Bass Penguin", 1, this, 0, 10, true);
	EntityRegistry.registerModEntity(EntityBluePenguin.class, "Penguin", 2, this, 80, 3, true);

EntityRegistry.addSpawn(EntityBluePenguin.class, 10, 2, 8, EnumCreatureType.creature, BiomeGenBase.frozenOcean,
		BiomeGenBase.frozenRiver, BiomeGenBase.iceMountains, BiomeGenBase.icePlains, BiomeGenBase.taiga,
		BiomeGenBase.taigaHills);

LanguageRegistry.instance().addStringLocalization("entity.wog890_WogCreeperSheep.Penguin.name", "Penguin");

registerEntityEgg(EntityBluePenguin.class, 0x27A3F5, 0xffffff);
}

public static void registerEntityEgg(Class<? extends Entity> entity, int primaryColor, int secondaryColor) {
	int id = getUniqueEntityId();
	EntityList.IDtoClassMapping.put(id, entity);
	EntityList.entityEggs.put(id, new EntityEggInfo(id, primaryColor, secondaryColor));
}

public static int getUniqueEntityId() {
	do {
		startEntityId++;
	}
	while (EntityList.getStringFromID(startEntityId) != null);

return startEntityId;
}

Client Proxy File

RenderingRegistry.registerEntityRenderingHandler(EntityPenguin.class,
		new RenderPenguin(new ModelPenguin(), 0.5F));
	RenderingRegistry.registerEntityRenderingHandler(EntityBluePenguin.class,
		new RenderPenguin(new ModelPenguin(), 0.5F));

So continuing this highly annoying situation, I have realized that since extending EntityPenguin, my cute little animals spaz out like crazy anytime they move. Previously all the info was in one file (EntityPenguin) I only recently split it up, using EntityPenguin as the base class and, and then creating separate classes for the specific animal type.

The movements were working before. I know this for a fact. They only stopped working when I started extending EntityPenguin. Anyone know what's might be going on?

I managed to solve my spawning issue. I was missing a function in my mod file for registering the entity. I'm still having troubles figuring out why my penguin is spazing out when it moves though. I have added abstract to my class method in EntityPenguin. Anyone know anything else that has to be done when creating a entity class to be extended.