Get info from server?

Crazeh

Hey everyone, long time user, first time poster. I am trying to make a mod that requires it get info from the server side, specifically, mcMMO, I want it to get the current levels of the current player, how can I achieve this?

And once I do have that info, I can just use 'println' where I want it, correct?

Thanks in advanced for any help provided. :)

Okay, so here is what I have so far, this is the class that gets the info from the server via mysql, it only gets basic info at the moment to test -

package Zombie_Mod;

import java.sql.Connection;
import java.sql.DriverManager;
import java.sql.PreparedStatement;
import java.sql.ResultSet;

public class ZScon 
{

public static void ZScon(String[] args) throws Exception
{
	Class.forName("com.mysql.jdbc.Driver");

Connection con = DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:mysql://localhost/mcmmo","root","root");

PreparedStatement statement = con.prepareStatement("select * from mcmmo_users");

ResultSet result = statement.executeQuery();

while(result.next())
	{
		System.out.println(result.getString(1) + " " + result.getString(2));
	}
}
}

Few questions, in the MySQL database.

There is mcmmo_users which contains id,user,lastlogin

mcmmo_skills which contains id,taming,mining,woodcutting,ect (The current level)

mcmmo_experience which contains id,taming,mining,woodcutting,ect (The current XP)

How do I - look at mcmmo_users, match a user name to an ID, use that ID in skills to get the skill level, then experience to get experience?

I then want to print it like so - Mining(20) 120/1060

So that is - SkillName(SkillLevel) CurrentXP/TotalXP

Could someone help me with this? Im pretty new to actually making mods with Forge, not sure where to start really.

Do you want to transfer the data to a connected Minecraft-Client? You can use the Custom Packet system for that.

Someone on IRC suggested I make a Bukkit plugin that handles the API and prints the info how I need it. Then said to use packets but didn't explain how or anything, where do I start with that?