Launch Failed

Passt

Hey all!

First time poster, just getting into Forge in an attempt to use Optifine Shaders.

I downloaded Forge version 1.11.2-13.20.0.2226 and installed it following the guide, no issues.  When I attempt to launch minecraft using the Forge profile, I get the message "The version you are trying to play inherits properties from an unknown version."  I tried searching this problem and wasn't able to find any information on it.  I am sure I am doing something wrong but can't seem to figure out what.  Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Nathan

minecraft forge 1.11.2.jpg

• Like 1

Thank you I will try that.  Where do I properly delete the forge profile from?  Would this simply be me deleting the forge folder from the versions folder in .minecraft?

Edited by Passt

• 8 months later...

Ok, now it is saying Error: could not open 'C\Program Files (x86)\Minecraft\runtime\jre-x64\1.8.0_25\lib\amd64\jvm.cfg.

I don't know why it says 1.8.0 near the end when I am trying to get 1.8.9 forge to open.

Please help me I am desperate

On 2/3/2017 at 3:57 PM, Passt said:

Hey all!

First time poster, just getting into Forge in an attempt to use Optifine Shaders.

I downloaded Forge version 1.11.2-13.20.0.2226 and installed it following the guide, no issues.  When I attempt to launch minecraft using the Forge profile, I get the message "The version you are trying to play inherits properties from an unknown version."  I tried searching this problem and wasn't able to find any information on it.  I am sure I am doing something wrong but can't seem to figure out what.  Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Nathan

minecraft forge 1.11.2.jpg

Noob here. I got the same error. Rocket_stripes is a YouTuber that put out a video to help install forge to get Decocraft. Trying to get furniture to play Minecraft. I know nothing about tech stuff. Help please.

Edited by UC11349
Fix spelling

• Guest locked this topic