[Custom NPC's] [1.7.10] Open door after NPC death?

mmarcotte

So all I really want to know is if there is a way to open a door when an NPC dies.

I am working on a quest that when I or any player kills an NPC a door will open at a certain coordinate or in a radius of however many block or something like that. But it would open on its own, like a player wouldn't have to interact with it. I'm not a total noob to scripting but I really don't know where I would begin or what commands to use or the syntax... scratch that... be hella specific. Also I don't know if it's relevant but I would want to repeat it about 20 times. For instance: I kill the 1st NPC (the first door opens and the 2nd NPC comes out), I kill the 2nd NPC (the second door opens and the 3rd NPC comes out) etc... The only reason it might be relevant is because I don't want the door to open if just any NPC dies, only a particular one each time. Thanks!

I know how to achieve this on 1.8 using the @e on a command block but I need a solution for 1.7.10 since @e doesn't work.

• 3 weeks later...