[1.10.2] How to update progress bar(Custom abilities)

WildHeart

Hello, i have a problem. How to transmit to the client a custom value? I have stamina(for running) and I need to make a progress bar, but I don't know how to convey to the client that I need value.

Using packets.

http://www.minecraftforge.net/forum/index.php?topic=20135.0

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.

I have everything you need is there, I don't know how to send values maxStamina, getStamina etc. I know I need to send to the client from the server, but do not know how to send values.

That is explained in the link I sent you.

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

I have everything you need is there, I don't know how to send values maxStamina, getStamina etc. I know I need to send to the client from the server, but do not know how to send values.

OK, I will ask then as I through the pack to pass to the client player IStamina values?

OK, I will ask then as I through the pack to pass to the client player IStamina values?

The SimpleNetworkWrapper field you created has methods for sending packets you want SimpleNetworkWrapper#sendTo(IMessage, EntityPlayer) which will send the data to the specific player.

The SimpleNetworkWrapper field you created has methods for sending packets you want SimpleNetworkWrapper#sendTo(IMessage, EntityPlayer) which will send the data to the specific player.

I know how to send! How send do I stamina to pass the data inside the package?

new StaminaUpdateMessage(stamina);

new StaminaUpdateMessage(stamina);

Here:

public class PacketStamina extends AbstractPacket<PacketStamina>
{
    @Override
    public void handleClientSide(PacketStamina message, EntityPlayer player)
    {

}

@Override
    public void handleServerSide(PacketStamina message, EntityPlayer player) {

}

@Override
    public void fromBytes(ByteBuf buf)
    {
    }

@Override
    public void toBytes(ByteBuf buf)
    {
    }
}

Ok...now that I see the AbstractPacket class I understand what he was doing, I thought it was a vanilla class.

That is not what you are supposed to do...

I.e., in the package there's nothing to add?

Look at loordgek's post for an example of what you are doing specifically.

Ok...now that I see the AbstractPacket class I understand what he was doing, I thought it was a vanilla class.

That is not what you are supposed to do...

I.e., in the package there's nothing to add?

Look at loordgek's post for an example of what you are doing specifically.

Hmm, not quite what I need sync for the hud, so I can update the progress bar.

In your handleClientSide method you need to access the value and change it to the one you save in the toBytes method and you also need to read it from the fromBytes method.

i know but i did not have any issues with it so far

In your handleClientSide method you need to access the value and change it to the one you save in the toBytes method and you also need to read it from the fromBytes method.

As I understand it, I need to send from the server package to the player with data on strength and on the client package has to pass getStamina?

As I understand it, I need to send from the server package to the player with data on strength and on the client package has to pass getStamina?

Your PacketStamina needs to have two constructors one that takes in the stuff needing to be sent and one that is empty. Then in your to and from bytes methods you need to save and load the data to/from the ByteBuf in the parameters. Then in your handleClientSide method you need to set the data to where it needs to be from the PacketStamina passed in through the parameters.